Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I was at the finals and neither Sasuke nor Naruto had deigned to show up. At least that was the case until an extremely loud noise of herding animals came from outside the arena. 'Seems Naruto decided his entrance needed to be special...' I trailed off in my mind as Naruto took his place beside me. "Took you long enough..." I mumbled to him and he just laughed in an almost sheepish manner. I honestly only paid attention to the proctor's explanation of the rules before zoning out and leaving when the first match was announced.

I was in the box last along with Shikamaru watching as Naruto and Neji took their places.

"I bet Naruto wins," I muttered to Shikamaru.

"How much?" he replied neither of us looking at each other as we spoke.

"400 ryo," I replied telling my offer ignoring the strange look I got from Sakura.

"Deal," he said as we shook on it.

I watched the match uncaring for the money I had on the line, Naruto's original approach was... well unoriginal. He didn't think of the facts, the leaf made the shadow clone and the Hyuuga are a leaf clan. Surely he didn't think they would leave such a gaping weakness in their specially designed taijutsu. They were destroyed within seconds by a shield of chakra Neji formed around himself. By then I was done paying attention and had dozed out. To be honest I only bet on him because I was bias against Neji, plus I really don't need that 400 ryo. I was quite surprised when Naruto was announced the victor and Shikamaru had to pay up 400 ryo. When the next match was announced I sighed when Sasuke still wasn't here yet.

"Will Sasuke Uchiha of Konoha and Gaara of Suna please come to the arena floor?" the proctor announced as Gaara disappeared and reappeared with him in the arena. Sasuke... well Sasuke didn't deign to show up so...

"Sasuke Uchiha of Konoha has 10 seconds to arrive before he is revoked his opportunity to advance and his fight is postponed!" The proctor announced after an ANBU appeared and whispered in his ear.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1... "Sasuke Uchiha forfeits the right to advance and his fight will be postponed!" the proctor announced. 'Well at least he has to fight and he isn't even eligible for promotion... and nobody will probably tell him until after his fight' a giggle escaped my mouth at the thought of his reaction. To be honest the fights were getting a bit tedious so I left a clone to watch as I went to eat dango... It was a smart move, Shikamaru and Temari's fight lasted well over three hours.

Of course I had a henge so that I wouldn't be recognized that would end absolutely horrible considering I am supposed to be at the finals right now. I almost burst out laughing when I saw Itachi taking complete advantage of the civilian's obviousness and eating dango, so I sat opposite him. "We're very similar you know, my clan was quite taken with their precious little prodigy," I started not even looking at him as I focus on the delicious treat in front of me.

"Oh? You don't even know me very well," he replied easily.

"I wouldn't be so sure; I was after all almost the one who killed your clan on orders from my uncle and father," I said making his eyes widen slightly.

"How old..." he trailed off in shock,

"I was four, I was forced to train since I could walk because my kekkei genkai hadn't appeared since the founding of the Chikara clan but appeared in me at birth," I explained with a slight smile knowing he at least partly understood. "However... whilst you killed your clan for peace in Konoha, I killed my clan in anger at what they were trying to force onto me. They never gave me to chance to be a child... so now that I have that opportunity here in Konoha even if it isn't the true experience... I'm going to take that chance," I finished my eyes seeming to glisten in hope.

"That chance probably won't stay for long, the moment the elders or Hokage finds out they will wish to use you to your fullest potential," Itachi said to me. Judging from the distance in his eyes he was remembering a different time when he was required to be loyal to the village. I thought about it myself, the elders were a definite but I do still wonder about the Hokage. To be completely honest he seems like the type to die with a huge amount of regrets that he simply hadn't sorted out yet.

"Maybe so but that doesn't mean I will comply with their wishes, that isn't my life. Besides I was forced to join Konoha, I just decided that being a genin would be more fun than doing whatever I want in secret outside of villages..." I explained to him as I stood up. My clone had just popped saying that Karui was almost done beating up Dosu after Temari won against Shikamaru due to his forfeit. Then Kankuro decided he didn't want to face his sister and forfeited his fight. I then realised that Sasuke had shown up and they were about to start his fight so I decided to just wait a bit more and warm up in a training ground.

I started to stretch first just simple reaches, touching toes and then bending a bit more. Then I did a jog around the field ignoring my boredom, I had wanted to up my weights but it can take a while and adjust to the extra weight and I didn't want to embarrass myself by tripping in the middle of the fight. Especially since the Raikage is also here and actually knows who I am. 'I hope the Raikage will help against Orochimaru' I thought because it isn't something he would normally do...

Either way I was now on my way back to the arena as the fight could end quickly or I may have to interfere.

******************

Bonjour!

Sorry it's been a while!! I got tagged a couple of times so there is that. Recently I decided to enter a novella challenge! My story for it is Trianima and my friend made the cover! I would love for you to read one of my original works...

Thank you to all those who have stuck by me since the start so far and I'm sorry if the competition takes up time I would use to write for this story!

Au Revoir,

Clawdeenrose has made the first fanart that I know of for my story!