Hope In Disguise

Nightfall was on it's way as Heiri and Karii walked home. The two had become friends and Heiri was well on her way to becoming a magical girl.

Once the two girls had left for home, another approached the scene of the traffic accident. She had long black hair and slanted bangs that almost covered one eye. Kyuubey walked up and stood beside her, examining the incident.

"So those two are going to become a duo? Heh... That's a big joke."

[Do you intend to stand against them, Konoe Kikyo?]

The girl gave a sly grin as she held her hand to her mouth, her deep red eyes narrowed as she watched the police arrive to the scene.

"Tell me, what are their weaknesses? Do you know, kyuubey?"

The incubator scratched his ear with his hind leg as he flicked his tail.

[I can not say. And even if I knew, all I could pass on to you is information that would not unbalance my own neutral position.]

"Oh come on, there's no harm in getting the upper hand.~ Besides, if I'm going to take them down, I'm going to do it from the inside."

The girl waved a pair of scissors as a bright light surrounded her, once the light had subsided, she emerged looking like an exact copy of Karii, the only difference was in her eyes. Instead of being their deep blue color, they were a fiery red.

"Let's go have some fun." She said as she walked off away from the commotion of the police and backed up traffic.

~🌸~

Around two in the morning, Heiri began to toss and turn. She was trying to sleep but something seemed to be haunting her.

She mumbled as she curled up, but in a violent twist, she subjected herself to a strange spasm.

Within her dream she was witnessing her encounter with the witch, once again, Karii had saved her and the witch was defeated. But something else was there too.

Her attention was brought to a taller girl standing on the street near one of the crashed cars. As Heiri squinted in order to see past the green van, she could view the other party more clearly.

She had black hair that went to her waist and her bangs seemed to be swept to the side, covering part of her left eye. She held a grin as she watched the scene play out, keeping a close eye on Karii.

Something about her was unsettling. But Heiri couldn't quite figure it out. Just as she was about to see the stranger's face, she awoke, jumping up in a coughing fit and struggling to keep herself composed.

She jumped out of bed after kicking her blankets off, keeping her hands on her head to regulate her breathing. After seeing she was safe in her room, she put her hands down and went to her window to open it for a breath of fresh air.

As she did, she noticed Karii climbing into her own bedroom. She was wearing her magical girl attire and though it seemed late, the idea of fighting witches didn't seem all too strange at one in the morning.

"Sutichi-San... It's so late... Does she get enough sleep?"
As she spoke, kyuubey walked into the room and jumped up onto the bed.

[It is not uncommon for magical girls to leave and hunt witches. When you become a magical girl, and your soul gem loses it's magic with use, you need to replenish it. That's why there are grief seeds.]