A Dream For All

What's in a wishIs it truly the dreams and hopes of those in need? Or rather, is it a facade created to shield us from the truth?

Only time can tell.

If there were a chance to glimpse the future, and possibly change it, would the outcome be a blessing? Or perhaps, a curse?

The clock is ticking.

A girl stood at the edge of a small town. She had somewhat medium length, black hair that was brushed neatly behind her shoulders. She wore a dark brown cloak to keep herself hidden from wandering eyes. A slight turn of her head revealed her deep set, purple eyes. She gazed at a hill top covered in flowers. It was the entrance to a shrine, and it's protector, was soon to disappear. The girl picked up a sack and threw it over her shoulder, fixing her eyes on the world before her. An undiscovered horizon was beckoning her to head out on the path, in search of a new dawn that had yet to come.

I will discover on my own. If I do not succeed, I fear that this will be the end of times.

She pulled her hood up to conceal herself once more as a purple glow surrendered itself in the dark. Kyuubey was waiting for her along the path. She rubbed the ring on her hand, feeling over the inscribed markings as she stepped over the bridge and walked toward the unknown.

~🌸~

Yukiko Tomita. A name that is unfamiliar in history besides her own. A girl of ten years stood before a sea of fire. The embers claimed the surrounding land, and the flames reached up to the sky. Her home, her life, everything was being swallowed whole. The village raced to safety, the waters of their dying river would not be enough to save them. As they stood waiting, praying at the shrine, a small cat-like creature appeared before the girl.

It sat upon the shrine and stared into the young girl's eyes. It's red pearled gaze was met with her own. He appeared to be a deity of some sort, or so she thought.  She walked closer and held her hands together, almost trembling as she began to pray to this god.

"Please... Please save my village!" She teared up as she plead for her life. The creature flicked it's tail as it waited. She looked up at it, glossy eyed as she waited for some sort of movement. The creature only blinked before speaking. It's mouth did not even open for the words that spilled out.

[Yukiko Tomita, you seem to have me confused for one of your gods. I do not possess the power to stop this witch on my own.]