The Lie Of A Friend

Karii watched the clocks as she walked around the school. The ticking of the clock seemed to echo throughout the corridors, matching her footsteps in rhythm while she searched for her friend.

Out of the corner of her eye, she was able to see the swishing of a tail followed by a familiar voice. [What are you doing, Karii?]

The girl looked over to the creature that was sitting out in the garden of the school. Though they were sitting opposite of each other, protected by glass, that didn't stop their telepathic communication. She flipped her hair as the blue ribbon flowed with her long red locks. There were questions that needed to be answered.

"Heiri is not present at school. Though I'm sure you already know this fact. I haven't seen you in class either, so where have you been hiding?"

The incubator sat still along the thin path of the garden, switching his tail as he raised his head slightly, keeping his unemotional expression. [It's true that I haven't seen her around. I was with her last night, but left her company early this morning.]

Karii closed her eyes as she thought about this statement. It was possible that Heiri just didn't want to come to school today, but it wasn't likely. The clock ticked at a steady pace while the incubator spoke once more.

[However...]

Karii looked back to the incubator. A feeling if concern began to descend over her as she kept the same stone cold look. "However?" The clock seemed to tick slower as she listened to kyuubey.

[I sensed a source of magic coming from her home today. And yet she did not make a contract]

The clock stopped along with Karii's breath as her eyes widened in fear. She let out a staggered breath as she tensed up.

A witch

[Karii? Is something wrong?] Karii darted down the hall, peaking the interest of the incubator as she ran out of the building quickly. Kyuubey ran besides her wondering what she could be thinking.

[Karii! Do you know what happened to her?]

Karii held out her hand as her soul gem began glowing, enveloping her in a white light as she jumped out of it in her magical girl attire. Her soul gem rested in the knot of a large bow on her head as she ran down the street.

"I feel that a witch is involved! We need to hurry! Kyuubey, help me find her!" She commanded the creature to help her search and he soon obeyed, running ahead of her and leading the way, searching for her missing friend.

~🌸~

Heiri swung at the doppelganger, using the rusted pipe as a sword against a pair of sharp jagged scissors. She was struggling to land a hit against her. After all, she was still just a normal girl. Konoe gave a small laugh as she grinned and cut Heiri's thigh, slicing through the edge of the fabric for her skirt.

Heiri, in turn, swung the pipe with great force toward Konoe, striking her on the head and drawing a stream of blood from the rival's forehead. Konoe groaned as she stumbled and leaned over, holding her head. This gave Heiri the opportunity to run and she took it.