Epilogue

The wind blew gently in the warm spring air around Mitakihara.

Birds sang and children laughed as they ran along the sidewalk playing together.

It had been months since the storms had hit, and the restoration crews for Mitakihara had done a wonderful job of cleaning up the debris from the winds and rain.

A shadow ran across the streets of the city. It was in the shape of a small cat-like creature with long white ears and a fluffy tail.

~🌸~

Somewhere in the city sat a girl with medium length brown hair. She had tied her hair in pigtails with magenta ribbons on each one. She was seated on a bench near a tree, enjoying the warm day.

The girl pulled out a soda she received from a vending machine and smiled as she tasted the cool citrus flavor. She set her drink down as she watched two children run by, playing with a ball.

She couldn't help but smile at the two of them as they went past. But her joy was short lived as she saw someone sitting alone on another bench.

They looked awfully distraught and she did not know what to do. She was shy, but didn't want to leave someone who was upset. Perhaps it would be best to see what was wrong.

The girl stood up and walked over the boy who was sitting alone. He wore a Mitakihara uniform, and had light teal hair. His brown eyes were covered by his hand due to his anguish over something.

"Mind if I have a seat?" The girl asked as she looked down at him. The boy jolted his head up and smiled.

"O-oh, sure. You can sit here." He seemed about as shy as she was. The girl sat down and smiled as colorful bubbles floated around the park.

"You seem troubled. Penny for your thoughts?" She looked at the piece of paper he was holding in his hands.

"Oh, I'm just-"

"Nervous, right? A little scared and sad?" She interrupted as he spoke.  In surprise of how quickly she guessed, he nodded.

"Yeah. How can you tell?" He asked her as she shrugged and smiled.

"Just a hunch. What's your name anyway?" She asked, tilting her head in curiosity.

"I'm Hitoshi. Who are you?" He returned the question as he looked the girl up and down.

"My name's Heiri. It's nice to meet you Hitoshi." They both smiled as they sat together in the park.

~🌸~

Not too far from them stood a girl dressed in a gray and blue styled lolita dress. She wore a blue bow in her hair and had a white gem placed in the center of the knot. She flipped her long red hair as she watched from the shadows. Her crimson locks flowing in the wind with the petals from the trees.

~🌸~

~ to be continued in the next book:

Puella Magi; Lost