Out Of Time

9

~🌸~

Karii sat in her bedroom, looking over her notes for class. Though she tried to focus on her schoolwork, she was preoccupied with the upcoming battle. Most people have only seen magical girls in anime's. They believed that they were good and pure, helping other people. That wasn't even the half of it. The world of magical girls was dangerous and if anything, tainted. Young girls were brought up as magical girls by making wishes. These wishes were seen as a sign of hope for those in need. But most were in fact sinful.

Karii leaned back in her chair looking out into the night, watching the moon. By now, there was only two days until the witch arrived. They had to prepare for battle. And they had to do it quickly. The red haired girl sighed and walked over to her dresser, pulling out her school uniform and setting it on the chair by the door. She looked down the hall as her sister squealed, running to the kitchen as her mother followed.

With a smile, her attention turned to her dresser, where a picture stood framed neatly of her family. Karii Sutichi, a lolita styled magical girl, had created her contract after her mother had died of a fatal heart disease.  She rubbed the white gem that was encased in her ring. If she had a chance to redo her encounter with Kyuubey, she wouldn't have changed a thing. She loved her mother, and losing her was heartache for the entire family. When she met kyuubey, he gave her a chance to change her fate. She wished for her mothers revival, that she was never sick to begin with, and that her family was whole.

She got her wish.
Her mother had returned and it seemed to be that Karii was the only one to know what truly happened. The others had no memory of the ordeal at all. She couldn't have been happier than that day. The girl brushed her hair out, fixing her ribbon that her friend had given her, and crawling into bed. She flipped the hour glass on her side table and closed her eyes, falling asleep to the sound of the falling sand.

8

~🌸~

The next morning Heiri had gotten ready for school. She flipped through her sheets, looking for kyuubey, but it appeared that he had already left. She wasn't used to have a roommate, but kyuubey seemed more like a pet than anything else. It bothered her that her new housemate would enter and leave without telling her, but then again, she couldn't tell him what to do. He must have been helping other magical girls besides them, so it didn't upset her too much. She looked out her window and noticed Karii waving at her from her house. She waved back with a smile and grabbed her bag, making sure she had everything before rushing out of the door.

She quickly walked over to her friend's house and knocked on the door. Karii's younger sister, Naomi, answering it enthusiastically. "Hellllooooo!"

"Hello Naomi-chan! Is your sister ready?"

"This way! This way!" Naomi grinned and grabbed her hand, pulling her through the living room and into the hallway, leading her to Karii's room. The little girl opened the door and ran in, jumping on the bed and giggling as Karii brushed out her hair. "Good morning Sutichi-San." Heiri waved as she walked in. The red head put her brush down and nodded. "Morning. I see you've already encountered the very energetic Naomi. I swear, it's too early for this."

"I'm excited! Karii!" She flailed on the bed, forcing Karii to hold her tight so she didn't destroy anything. "Yes! Yes I know!" She sighed and almost growled in a very low tone. Heiri chuckled as she watched.

"What is all the excitement about?" Karii rolled her eyes at the question, it was only making Naomi more energetic. The little girl kicked her legs and smiled. "I get noodles! The best noodles!"