Continuing The Hunt

Heiri stood on the roof of the school. The area had become dark and the figure of a witch loomed in the distance. She looked to the side to see a scramble of black shadows. Behind her was the same image, but was distinctly in the form of a person. She turned her attention to the witch but her image was quickly disturbed by a flash of pink light that soon showered down on the surrounding area.

The girl opened her eyes to see the ceiling of her bedroom. Kyuubey walked up and jumped onto the bed. Sitting besides the dazed girl as he watched her soul gem which was placed neatly on the side table. [You had another premonition I presume? You're soul gem seems to be losing it's magic faster when you stay with a vision longer than usual. I would be careful if I were you.] The girl stared sleepily over to the creature and picked it up, keeping her hands under it's forearms. She held it above her as she swayed him slightly. "I thought you were dead. Or am I still dreaming?"

[I assure you, that you are awake. And I can never really die. There are countless amounts of my species. If I were to be the only one, then there wouldn't be as many magical girls around the world.] The soft creature brushed his tail against the girl's bare stomach. She pulled him closer and rested him on her chest as if he were a common house cat. She rubbed his ear and stared up at her ceiling with a yawn. "And we wouldn't be stuck in this situation. Too many magical girls." Kyuubey tilted his head with her hand as she pet him. She sat up and looked outside, watching the surroundings. Knowing Konoe, she would surely come back. And now she had Shiemi on her side. Heiri couldn't quite wrap her head around it. She was betrayed by a friend. At least now, they had a new ally. And hopefully a plan to save the city from the oncoming witch.

[You seem perplexed. Care to share what's on your mind? Or do you feel the need to keep it to yourself?] Heiri sat up and looked at Kyuubey. His small red eyes were gleaming in the darkness. She thought to herself for a moment and sighed before giving in. "Alright. I just don't understand why Shiemi would do this to us. After all, we were supposed to be friends. Right? And when there's a threat this big to the city, it just makes less sense to be fighting each other instead of the witches. Can't you talk to them, Kyuubey?"

[You are still naive it seems. No, I can not talk to them. That would upset my neutral standpoint in all of this. Though I can tell you that in situations like these, it's only natural for magical girls to fight each other. With so many in the city, witches would disappear rather quickly. And you would all be left without the grief seeds. Similar to that of a food chain, you would all run out of a food source and in the end, consume each other, if that makes any sense to you.] He seemed to flick his tail in delight as he watched Heiri's expression become less and less joyful. She watched her hands as the two of them sat in silence before she spoke up once more. "So, what you're saying is that we can't avoid confrontation, even if we wanted to. I have a little hope that we can make it. But I'm not completely sure. Maybe if I talk to shiemi, I can get her to stop siding with Konoe."