Chapter 5

Noelie's POV

I can't believe that sam is coming over tonight. But I can't dance for the life of me so how am I supposed to teach him? I don't know but that's not the problem right now. My Aunt and her boyfriend have been fighting none stop. And last night it go really bad.

I came home from Starbucks and I hear yelling from the basement. So I just walk towards the closed door and listen. Robert was screaming at aunt Ashley.

Then all of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was Matt his face was all red from crying. I started to ball my eyes out. And we both walked up to Matts room so we couldn't hear the screaming. We both sat there and cried together and hugged.

I was still getting over the fact that both of my parents were gone. And now that I might have to move again scares me. Matt can tell I'm thinking about something and he hugs me tighter.

I had to text sam and tell him that I had plans and he said he was ok with it but I knew he was hurt.

The next day

Matt and his dad start packing. And my aunt is still sleeping and I don't know what to do. You could tell Matt is holding back his tears because his face is getting red. I go into his room and leap into a hug. He turns around and starts to hug me tighter then a hug I've ever had.

I realized that now that he isn't my cousin he could be mine. Bit I couldn't think about that right now. I had to think about what's was going to happen to me. He backs out of the hug.

"Noelie I know we just meet and I was really excited to have you as a cousin and now I can't. It's not anyone's fault but my dads he hid those drugs just so we could move because he claims you Aunt treats him wrong. Which she doesn't." Matt said with a frown

"Matt this doesn't mean that we have to stop talking I want to get to know you better. Can we meet up at Starbucks tomorrow around noon after school?"I said.

"Yeah I would love that!"Matt says with a smile.

I didn't want to lose Matt because of his dad. I wanted us to become more than friends. I know that sounds strange since we were almost cousins but Matt is a perfect guy. And I hope we do become more then just friends.