Book I - Ruthless

C H A P T E R  T W O -
R U T H L E S S

It has almost been a decad----a minute or so while I followed his path whether it was private or public. I had no choice but to keep my grades balanced even if I was tasked to strip naked.

We were practically rotating ourselves in the big campus instead of taking a quiet nap or read a thing or two of novels. My urges to read were immense but I didn't want to anger the "bad boy". He didn't speak neither; he also seemed uncertain in what places we'd better stop. Probably  he didn't want to make me find his secrets or something and I'd  understand if we'd TAKEN A SEAT anywhere near or close by.

GAWDD! My feet is throbbing from all this walking. It wasn't heels nor did I had blisters but the laziness was the reason why my knees were at the point of wobbling.

Giving up, I collasped myself on the ground bringing him down afterwards and now both of us were sitting by the cold ground. My eyes twitch. Fudge.  How the hell was I suppose to think he'd be dragged down too?

"Are you tired?" he finally spoke. It was gentle and filled with warmth that surprised me. It was a contrast to his supposedly bad boy image and looks.

I coughed myself and eventually found myself blushing in front of Diaz for unknown reasons. I was astounded to the fact he didn't  shout at me nor called his gang friends to beat me up for my stupidity.

"N-No," I sunk my head deeper to the depths of---I mean to the deepest where I could hid them. My ears were practically hot because I have  embarrassed myself in front of him and because I misjudged him. He doesn't  look like anyone harmful--anymore.

"Are you scared of me?" my eyes looked up to him.

"W-what?" I muffled.

"I'm a gangster; I beat up people and drink booze, or so the rumors say," he smiles faintly at me.

I sigh. "You aren't a gangster, are you?"

He smiled. "If you think I am one".

"I'm sorry," I looked at him. "--I misjudged you."

"Tell me, why do you enjoy being alone?" he immediately adds. "--I mean I always see your head up in books."

"I don't like interacting with people," I answered. "--they're a nuisance and I love the tranquillity."

"But you're talking to me," he pointed out. "--so am I excluded?"

"Not really," I grumbled. "--but you're my partner. I might as well entertain you."

I gave him a look. "So how did you ended up becoming a gangster ?"

"Who knows," he shrugged.

"So you're a misfit then?"  I suddenly blurted out of the sudden.

He gave me a small smile. "I guess I am."

"I don't know you, but you don't seem bad," I say, trying to lighten the mood.

"

Thanks."

Suddenly it grew quiet. Marco was whistling an unknown tune while I gazed at the scenery then he stood up and wiped an imaginary dust from his pants.

"Can I-um. .go to the CR?" he scratched his hair with his right hand which made my hand also lift up.

"The restroom?" I say more flustered. I'm going to a men's bathroom?

I take a deep breath and calmed down. "I can't just ask you to pee on the jar, could I?"

He chuckles. "That's funny."

"This project is a joke," I hissed. "--did that dumbo of a teacher even considered the flaw of this project? What the fudge?"

The road to the bathroom was awkward, not only was I holding my breath but I was also trying to avoid our arms brushing because I was sweating tons.

I felt so sticky that I needed a wash but the thought of saying it out loud to him was already embarrassing.

He closed the door to the cubicle while the lengthy string caught up in the door. I leaned my back on the door, heaving. I was becoming sweaty and anxious.

Upon hearing the flush, I removed my torso from the door and faced him then nodded as we walked on the sink to wash our hands.

I wet my face so much that his sleeves were soaking wet."S-sorry," I muttered while he smiled and rolled the sleeves up.

'Darn why is he so kind?'

"Anything wrong?" he frowned, his forehead creased and held my chin, lifting it up.

I swallowed and avoided his stary gazes. I removed his hand and rubbed my right arm."Nothing," somehow I can't even find myself to be ruthless to him. It seems that his kindness is affecting my behavior.

'This allegedly called gangster sure is a handful."

11/17/17