六 | six

"sooyun, harriet is here!"

"that's good to know, emi," the other girl replies, sitting in her swivel chair. "can you answer the door then? i'm on the phone."

emi excitedly nods and runs to the door, only to turn back around. "wait, why was i at the door, again?"

"harriet is here, remember?"

"who's harriet?" she asks. "you mean ryeo? i'll bring ryeo in." she walks back to the door and opens it to ryeo.

"sooyun, are you still there?" yoongi asks through the phone. "who are you talking to?"

"yeah. still here sadly," sooyun replies as emi closes the door.

"sooyun unnie, say hi to hyerin." emi gestures to the empty space next to her.

"hi, hyerin," the other greets. "emi, what happened to ryeo?"

"who's ryeo?"

sooyun opens her mouth to say something but closes it. "ah, nevermind. why don't you get something for hyerin to drink?"

"who's hyerin?" emi asks. "are you seeing things, unnie?"

"yeah, i guess," sooyun replies. "i'm on the phone so try to keep it down."

emi nods and walks off.

"that was emi," sooyun says into the phone, playing with a strand of hair and twirling it around her finger.

"and who's harriet, ryeo, and hyerin?" yoongi lists.

"her personalities, her voices, her friends. whatever you wanna call them. they're not in human form though," she explains. "she sees her voices as people sometimes."

"ah," yoongi says. "it must be difficult living with a schizophrenic roomie."

"i get used to it," sooyun shrugs. "i really feel like stabbing something sometime though."

"may i interest you in some onions?" yoongi asks. "a dart board? some fine potatoes ready for slicing and dicing?"

"very funny," she sarcastically comments.

"emi calls you unnie?" he inquires.

"mmhmm. she sees me as an older sister since i'm always taking care of her. i have no choice, really. at least she manages to pay her part of the rent still."

"ah, i see," he says. "is she always talking to her 'friends' or does she have her days?"

"most of the time she keeps to herself," sooyun says as she spins in her chair. "lots of rocking. mumbling. sometimes yelling and screaming. nothing headphones for me and chocolate for her can't solve. otherwise we're pretty cool."

yoongi hears yells come from the other side of the phone.

"shít," sooyun curses. "she's having one of her moments. i'll call you back-"

he hears the phone clatter on the desk before she can finish her sentence.

"sooyun?" he asks. "you there still?" he checks his phone screen. the call was still on. "well, if you can hear me then i'm hanging up."

yoongi smiles to himself.

"you're strong, sooyun. stay that way. please."

-

lol what even is this anymore

Vote

Comment

Follow

~ -yoongied-