Chapter 2

Ash stared at Paul in shock. Paul was wearing a dark blue jacket that was unzipped. Aside from that, he looked the exact same as he did a few months ago.

"I... I thought you were going to Sinnoh for college..." Ash managed to say.

Paul scoffed. "That was the plan, but the Veilstone State University got shut down. Apparently, there was a lot of crime activity within the school. Rumor has it some ten-year old came in and stopped the entire organization by himself."

Ash snickered. "Stupidest thing I've heard all day." A frown then returned to Ash's face. "So you're staying here?"

Paul nodded. "Afraid so. Now do me a favor and don't make me slam your nose into the wall."

"Uh... I guess you two know each other..." Sawyer said timidly.

"Oh, right." Ash said quickly. "Sawyer, this is -"

"Paul Allen." The purple-haired trainer spat out. Paul then slipped in his earbuds and walked out of the room.

A sigh of relief was heard from another section of the room. "Finally, silence once again..."

Ash and Sawyer gave one another a confused look. They looked around a bookshelf and saw another boy sitting in a wooden chair, typing away on his laptop. He had dark gray hair, a white button-up, and a green unbuttoned vest.

"Who are you?" Ash asked.

"Sorrel Moss." The boy replied, not even glancing up from the screen.

Sawyer tilted his head. "So, uh, whatcha doing?"

Sorrel just continued typing. "Work." He said flatly.

Sawyer scooted closer. "What kind of work?"

Sorrel's brow furrowed. "The kind that I would like to be able to finish without any interruptions," he growled.

Sawyer shrugged. "Whatever." He then looked back at Ash. "I'm gonna get unpacked. You should do the same."

Sawyer left to go to the bedroom. Ash slung his bag back over his shoulder and followed suit.

------------

May grunted as she lugged her suitcase up the stairs. Four flights of stairs was a rough climb.

The brunette's attire had changed a good bit since high school. May now wore a headband identical to her old one aside from the light green color. She now wore an orange sleeveless shirt that slightly covered her black shorts.

"Room... 310..." May panted as she struggled with her belongings. She slipped the key into the lock and turned the handle.

Opening the door, May saw a familiar face. Her face lit up as she suddenly charged in.

"Dawn!!! Oh my gosh, it's really you!" The girl squealed out, hugging the blunette tightly.

"May... Good to see... you too!" Dawn managed to gasp out.

May loosened her grip and went back to get her things. She noticed how Dawn's attire had not changed. "How have you been?" May asked. "I haven't seen you since..." Her voice trailed off.

"Since July." Dawn finished for her.

"Right..." May stated with a frown. "Have you two talked any since then?"

Dawn shook her head. She really did not want to talk to Ash, or talk about Ash, or even think about Ash.

"Hi there!" A voice cried from further back in the dorm.