Chapter 29

AN: So this was meant to be put out months ago, I mention that in the other chapter where I talk about the remainder of 2020. My bad for making you guys wait.

Also, this is where things get semi-fanfic-y if that makes sense? I hate not keeping the story as grounded but I'm doing the best I can while introducing new concepts. This makes sense at the end of the chapter.

Zinnia ran around the side of the sleek white building. She crouched down and looked around to make sure no one had spotted her yet. She swiftly opened the pouch on her hip. A small Whismur poked its ears and face out of the bag.

"Alright, Aster, listen for anyone on the other side, got it?" Zinnia asked in a whisper. Whismur nodded understandingly.

Zinnia looked up at the top of the building. The walls became slanted further up. Zinnia took a deep breath as she pulled the grappling hook gun from her bag.

Narrowing her gaze, Zinnia fired the hook into the air. It barely managed to latch onto the ledge below the curve. Zinnia let out a sigh of relief. "Aster, hop on."

Whismur waddled over to Zinnia and jumped into the pouch. Zinnia closed it and began to inch her way forwards. She began scaling the side of the wall, retracting the rope as she went. Eventually, she reached the top. Zinnia laid on her back to catch her breath as she stared up at the starry Alolan sky.

Regaining her focus, Zinnia let Whismur slip out of the pouch as the two approached a glass dome. Zinnia cupped her hands and peered inside. She saw a very natural-looking environment, which was a far-cry from the rest of the island. Many Pokemon were running around inside, while others were starting to settle down and sleep.

Zinnia bit her lip as she glanced around the compound. She noticed a window off to the side that appeared to be wide open. She motioned to Aster and crawled to the side of the building.

The two jumped down and landed on a ledge. Zinnia then eased her way down the side, with Aster clinging to her back. Zinnia flung herself inside and landed safely onto a patch of grass. The girl locked eyes a Fomantis, who simply stared up at the human with confusion and surprise. Zinnia gave the small Grass Pokemon a quick smile as she made her way through the garden.

Zinnia found herself in the center of the room, standing on a very modern platform. She saw a control panel and pressed the button. Before she knew it, she was heading down a long elevator.

"Crap..." Zinnia muttered. She realized that she would get caught if there were any employees below, but Gladion said this was the only way down.

Zinnia reached back into her bag and grabbed the grappling hook. "Aster, get back in the pouch!" She cried. Whismur jumped back into the pouch once again.

Zinnia steadied her aim and shot the hook, latching onto the side of the shaft. She jumped up and stood on the side just as the elevator neared the floor below.

The girl breathed a sigh of relief as she held herself up. Her arm strained as she looked down. She could hear a few faint voices down below, but the words were unintelligible.

Eventually, a worker stepped onto the elevator and pressed the button. She kept her gaze straight as the platform rose upwards.

Seeing her chance, Zinnia dropped down and retracted the hook. The worker turned in shock and fear. "Woah, who are you? What are you doing here?"

Zinnia put the grappling gun back in her pocket. "Just passing through." She turned and opened the pouch. "Aster, Supersonic!"

Whismur's head poked out once again. The small pink Pokemon let out a high-pitched squeal at the worker. She covered her ears in pain. After wincing a bit, the lady lost her balance. She stumbled around the platform before running into the shaft wall and falling over.