Chapter 3

"Ash, wake up!" Sawyer cried. "First day of classes!"

Ash's eyes shot open. He saw Sawyer scrambling around the bedroom, much to Paul's disdain, as the purple-haired male covered his head with his pillow and let out a groan of annoyance.

Pikachu was curled up at the foot of the bed, barely stirring. Ash smiled as he rose up and began petting his partner on the back. The Mouse Pokemon let out a whimper of happiness, as though it were having a sweet dream. Ash chuckled as he then slid out from underneath the covers and hopped down from the top bunk.

------------

Serena was also waking up at this time. The honey-haired girl let out a yawn as she stretched her arms out.

Serena then took the time to scan the room. Shauna was laid out on the top bunk in lavender pajamas with green dots, giving the resemblance of a Goodra.

Aria was passed out on the bed underneath Shauna. Her red hair was a complete disaster, sprawling all around her. Serena swore she looked familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on the reason why.

Serena got up and stretched out her back and looked at the bunk above her own. Miette was laying there, awake as could be, eyeing her with a sly smirk.

Serena jumped slightly. "H-how long have you been awake?!" She said, feeling a bit flustered.

Miette let out a yawn. "About five minutes. Why does it matter to you?"

Serena bit her lip. "I try to pep myself up in the morning, and I didn't expect anyone to be awake yet..."

"Pep yourself up?" The blunette asked. "For what?"

A large blush crossed Serena's face. "N-nothing..." She stuttered out.

"Is it a boy?" Miette asked, her smirk widening. "Say, I don't know, Ash?"

Serena's face grew redder. "How do you know him?!" She growled, clenching her fist.

Miette chuckled to herself. "Well, you said his name in your sleep. A lot. Is he your boyfriend?"

Against all odds, Serena's face only continued to flush, to the point where her head could have passed as a cherry with eyes. "I-I, um... I g-gotta take a shower..." She managed to say before quickly exiting the room.

Miette merely smiled as she hopped down and grabbed her day clothes.

------------

"So Sorrel, what classes do you have today?" Ash asked, slipping on his jacket.

Sorrel glanced up from a book in his hands. "Pokemon Health." He then looked straight back down at the pages.

"First off," Ash started, "why are you in that class, and what are you reading?"

Sorrel glared at the raven-haired boy. "Because I want to become a Pokemon Professor, so I need to know about how to care for them and their health. And I'm reading The Silent Ones."

Ash rolled his eyes. "Of course you are."

It was then that Paul walked into the room. He had his bag slung over his shoulder already. "Ketchum, Moss." He muttered, nodding to the two boys respectively.

Ash looked back at Paul. "What class do you have, Paul?"

"Battle Training. You?" The boy asked unenthusiastically.

Ash shot him a grin. "Same here." He then stood up and cracked his knuckles. "But I wanna go get some food first."

Paul merely grunted. "Whatever. See you at 9." He then hastily exited the room.