Chapter 5: You haven't changed a bit

Jungkook

"Jimin will be tutoring you."
'Jimin will be tutoring you'
'Jimin' 'tutoring' 'you'

I couldn't think straight. Out of all people! Why him?!

"With all due respect Ms. Kay... but um...I don't think this is a good idea." I said.

"And why not?" She asked looking at me curiously.

"Well because um... I'm sure-"

"When should we start with the lessons?" Jimin asked Ms. Kay all of the sudden.

"As soon as possible." She said to Jimin.

"D-does tomorrow work for you?" Jimin asked me as he looked down a little.

I looked at Jimin questionably.

'Is he really up for this? After what I did to him he's whiling to help me pass a test to get accepted into college?'

If it was me the one that got bullied instead of him, I know I would refuse to be tutored by my bully, but Jimin was different.

"Sure." I said to him.

"Great!" Ms. Kay exclaimed in excitement. "Jimin. Your deadline is April 21st. I trust that Jungkook will be ready by then?" She said to Jimin who was taking notes.

Jimin shyly nodded his head and stood up.

As we left, Jimin walked in-front of me and I followed behind him. We were both headed the same way, so it was a little awkward. I had to say something to him. At least apologize for my actions 3 years ago as a Thank You for tutoring me.

"Jimin?" I called him and I could see that he got tense.

He turned around to face me with his hood still on and his head down.

'What was he hiding?' I thought as I remembered what happened earlier this morning.

I brushed my thoughts aside and focused on what I was gonna say.

"I think I owe you a huge apology for what I did to you 3 years ago." I said as I scratched the back of my head.

Jimin looked at me as if he was shocked. Not gonna blame him. Many people don't have the courage to apologize for something one did. But I knew I had to.

"Y-you're apologizing to me?" He asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Yeah. I owe you big time for it. I hope you can forgive me and that we can start over again." I said.

At this point Jimin put his head down and closed his hands into fists.

He was angry. Really angry.

I don't blame him. What I did is unforgivable.

"Do you know what you did to me? Do you know how many nights I went without sleep? Without eating? Do you know how many days I spent locked in my room? Embarrassed that people would see me and point at me because of what you did to me? I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror without saying that I hated myself and crying. You think you can fix what you did with a simple apology? What you did to me I can't forgive you. Never."

I know what I did was wrong. And Jimin was right. What I did can never be fixed or forgiven.

"So why did you agree to tutor me then?! Why not just say no and let me fail and have your revenge for what I did?!" I said as I raised my voice a little.

"Revenge huh? You think it's revenge that's gonna fix what you did? Revenge won't fix anything. I was gonna say no, but if I said no and took my 'revenge' as you said it would make me look like you. And that's not who I am. I'm not you. I never want to be like you. Because compared to you I'm not a narcissistic, homophobic asshole that'll ruin a chance for someone to be something in life." He said in a calm yet low voice "...compared to you.... I actually have a heart." He said in a low tone and put his head back down.