Chapter Seven: Honor thy Father

Stiles laid the briefcase on the kitchen table next to his father, as he wiped the dust off of an old bowling trophy. "Dad, do you even bowl?"

"I did, when your mother was alive. We used to do it on our date nights, but that ended when she was diagnosed. She didn't want to have one of her episodes at the alley, so, that was the end of that." Stilinski sighed as he turned to see the briefcase. "Wow, it's been forever since I've seen that. How long has it been?"

"2001... I remember because that was the last night she used it. You still ruin lasagna."

"You remember that still?" asked Stilinski, and Stiles just glared at him. "Right, you have a certain thing about memories when it comes to your mother."

Stiles opened it to find three things of value that he could tell... a journal of some sort, a list of names that were involved with the X experiments which he had no idea as to what it was, and then a photo of Stilinski and Stiles.

"Anything in there?"

"Yeah... this." He held up the photo to see Stilinski go to tears... "What's wrong?" Stilinski wiped the tears away and smiled lightly.

"She always said having a photo of the two of us helped her out at work... kept her going strong. Apparently she thought we could benefit from her work." Stiles closed the briefcase and held it for a second then turning his attention to his father who was dressed for work once again.

"Going back to work?"

"Yeah, just got called, apparently there may be another bank robbery today." Stiles nodded. "Don't wait up."

"You know I will stay awake until you get home."

"Of course you will."

Stilinski exited the house with a smile on his face for the first time in weeks, and he wasn't even sure why he was so happy because of the ungodly fact that the NYPD was overwhelmed with crime over the past few months. Whether it was the bank robbers, attacks on full moons, or this new serial killer that was killing female teenagers and then cutting their faces off, Stilinski just knew that the Police Department's resources were stretched thin.

He had seen the terror Manhattan had fallen into when the serial killer named Cletus Kasady was at large, having killed an astounding number of 39 men and women in a matter of a month. That wasn't even the totality of the people he had taken the life from. Stilinski had seen monsters like Kasady before, but to find out how much of a monster Kasady really was, Stilinski couldn't imagine the inner workings of that psycho's mind.

Kasady had pushed his grandmother down the steps and killed her when he was nine years old, and at the age of thirteen tortured his mother's puppy with a power drill. This was the start of that sociopath's blood trail, but yet he wasn't brought into custody until a few months after Stilinski had joined the force. As a matter of fact, it was Stilinski himself that had brought Kasady in when he stumbled upon Kasady torturing one of his victims, a thirteen year old kid by the name of Adrian Harris. Harris was critically injured, and was in ICU for a month before being able to be sent home.

Harris was a critical part to the trial as he was the only living survivor of Kasady's rampage. Again, this was about twelve years ago, and Stilinski still remembered it like it was merely yesterday. Stiles had just turned four years old when Cletus Kasady was arrested, and the weight that was lifted off of Stilinski's chest that day was unimaginable.

Stilinski had always had one goal in his mind when he put that uniform on and the gun on his side, and that was to make Manhattan a safer place for his son to live in. That was especially important to him after Claudia passed away, and he wasn't sure if he was being overprotective when he didn't want Stiles to join the police force like he had mentioned in the past, but Stilinski knew one thing, Stiles was going to enter a new world soon, and he would see the horrors that lied within it, waiting for its next prey.