Chapter Seventeen: The Jock and the Nerd

Present Day (2012)

The sound of Erica's small, but noticeable sniffle made Stiles turn to look at her, and all he could do was restrain himself from hugging her, because he knew it wasn't the time nor place to show any affection, let alone something acceptable.

His eyes fell upon her arm where he saw a nasty looking scar that ran underneath her jacket, and something made him think back to Flash's comment...

"Everyone may see you as a good guy, but I know what you did to Erica..."

"Erica..." Stiles said lightly, just to where she could hear him, and when she looked at him, he was facing the front of the class.

"What?"

"I want to ask you something, and please be honest with me; why did Flash say I did something to you?"

"I, I don't know why he would say that." Erica stammered confused, but then she looked at her arm and she went pale before covering up the scar.  "Stiles, I, I... I don't know why he would accuse you of doing anything to me.  He wasn't even supposed to see that."

"When did you get that Erica?"

"A few days before we broke up okay?  Look, I get that you're concerned but mind your own business please."

"It might be that it's not my business but I'm not getting accused of hurting you;  I want you to understand that, okay?  We might not be dating anymore, but I will still protect you like I am your boyfriend, and that will never change.  I will never hurt you, not if I can help it."

"Stiles, please, just drop it already." She pleaded, and Stiles nodded, before Mr. Harris walked in, and that strange buzzing in the back of his head started up again, and it made him feel like he was about to freak out, and he felt Erica suddenly grab his hand.  She was shaking, and then Stiles watched as her eyes started to roll into the back of her head and then he realized what was about to happen.

"Erica!" was all he managed to say before he caught her in his arms, and just like that the buzzing in his head blocked out all of the outside noise.

Stiles looked up to see Harris staring right at him, and all he felt was a strange chill run down the back of his neck.

Thirty Minutes Later

6th Period

P.E. was probably the most boring class of the day in all honesty, because now due to his ability of playing the next game, he was exempt from participating in gym.  Coach had told Stiles that just before his confrontation with Flash, and something told Stiles that no matter what he did things were not going to be good with Flash, especially considering that Erica had a seizure in the same class as Stiles just about half an hour earlier.

Was it Stiles that had caused her seizure, or was it something else?  It wasn't something he wanted to contemplate, that possibility of being the one that caused her pain inadvertently.  His whole body was screaming with energy as he saw Lydia sit down next to him, with a weak smile on her face, and just barely hidden behind her strawberry blonde locks was the spider symbol he had made for her.

"Hey, you still have it."

"You know I never take it off, Stiles." she assured him, touching it lightly.  "Jackson swears I'm too attached to this thing."

"Well, I mean if you have worn it every day since I gave it to you on your ninth birthday, maybe you are.  No offense."

"None taken," Lydia rolled her eyes to him, and laughed lightly.  "You know, I thought about taking it off, but every time I go to do it, I just can't bring myself to actually do it."