XVII.

To make up for the late post last chapter, I'm posting this chapter early! Enjoy! :)

* This part may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Tyler's POV

"Tyler," he said. I just kept on looking deeply into his eyes."Would you like to go on a date with me?"

My eyes widened in shock at his question. What would possess Hunter to even ask me that question? No, I'm not complaining, but all this is just shocking. He he being serious with me? Wait, no. He can't be —

"You're fucking with me, aren't you?" I hissed at him, my eyebrows furrowing at the realization.

"What are you talking about Tyler?" he mused.

My thoughts went back to last night right before I fell asleep...

"Hunter?" I called out into the darkness.

"Hmm?"

"Do you hate me?"

It took him a minute to answer.

"No."

"But you don't like me, right?"

"What's with all the questions, Tyler?"

"Just answer, please,"

He didn't say anything. i was starting to get worried.

"No, Tyler. I like you."

"Good," sleep was evident in my voice. "Because I like you too."

Oh god, He's making fun of me, isn't he? I swear to god, if he's fucking around with me, I'm gonna beat his ass!

"Last night... What I said... You're making fun of me, aren't you?" I demanded with a firm but quiet voice.

He didn't answer. Oh god. He's playing around with me. I slapped him. I slapped him hard. Right across the face. My face contorted into an insulted look, shooting daggers at him like I could kill. I was about to slap him again when his hand grabbed my wrist.

"Let go you jerk!" I shouted. I wanted to hit him again. I wanted to hurt him for making me look like a fool. For making me feel like shít. I shouldn't have said that. Did it make me sound

"Wait, Tyler. You've got it all wrong!"

"Okay, okay. Maybe I am," calming down just a little. "This is all just an act right? For the elders?" I asked with a cold stare straight into his eyes. I could almost feel him cowering back.

"NO! I'm serious, Tyler. I want to go on a real date with you," he pleaded. "I like you... Tyler," he whispered his face falling down in embarrassment.

Why was he embarrassed? Confessing your feelings to someone shouldn't be embarrassing. Oh god, he's embarrassed of me, isn't he? 

"Why are you so embarrassed? Am I someone to be ashamed of?"

"What?" his eyes opened up with fury. "Of course not, Tyler! How can you say that?"

"Because, your face fell after confessing to me. It looks like everything is all just a game to you and you're really embarrassed of admitting your feelings to me because I'm a shame to humanity."

Hunter chuckled.

"A shame to humanity? You? God, no! My feelings for you are sincere, Tyler. I like you. Not just as a friend, but I'm interested in making you mine — my lover."