「 ❄️ A MARSHMALLOW WORLD / CHRISTIAN ARROYO. 」

CHRISTIAN ARROYO IMAGINE

" a marshmallow world - for karina "

Take a walk with your favorite girl,

Their task was simple: try to recreate his mother's famous marshmallow-infused Christmas cookies. However, things that seemed simple on paper almost never were.

It had been only two hours, but Karina and Christian were about ready to kill each other. If he told her one more time that something was 'not like his mom did it,' they were sure they would crack an egg over his head.

Now, Karina knew that Christian's mother was an absolute saint and had a soul of pure, 24 karat gold -- but they weren't the be all, end all when it came to cooking. It wasn't like they could look their boyfriend in the eye and tell him that themselves, but if he was condescending one more time --

"Hey Kari," his voice cut through their inner monologue. They knew exactly where this was going, shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "Did you mix the cookie dough for 11 and a half minutes? Mom always does that."

Oh Christian. You really had to go and say that, huh? They thought to herself and was thankful that he was reading his mother's handwritten instructions like they provided all of the secrets of the universe. When Karina looked down at her grip on the corner of the counter, it was white knuckle.

They had a lot of rage in them for such a tiny little person. Could anyone blame them, really? Their boyfriend had a major sweet tooth and, along his childhood into adolescence, he'd built a mental shrine to his mother. They could do no wrong.

Sure, Christian had a similar shrine to his darling partner, but that was irrelevant right now, in the heat of the moment.

They couldn't stand one more minute of this.

"Christian." Karina stated, whirling around and giving their boyfriend a stern look. "Why can't you just let me make the cookies my way? I doubt your mom wants us to do it exactly as she did."

Judging by the look in Christian's face, one would think that he was 10 and Karina just told him the truth about Santa Claus. He clutched his mother's recipe to his person and scoffed.

"Karina. I can't believe you."

"Get real, Crispy." They deadpanned. "It's just cookies."

"Just cookies!" He repeated like it was an absurd thing to say.

This entire conversation was absurd to Karina. They needed to find a way to make it stop before it got any worse, and they found their answer in a split second decision.

Picking up a little bit of flour, Karina threw it at their boyfriend.

They stood there for a few moments, both fully understanding what Karina had just done and wondering what Christian's next move would be.

"You told me you'd stop calling me 'Crispy.'" He tried to play it off like he was mad, but the rosy glow on his cheeks told Karina otherwise.

Christian needed to have some sort of control of this situation, so he took some sugar and sprinkled it over their tiny head -- before throwing some flour at her as well.

"It's on, chubby cheeks."

"Bring it, short stuff."

The next few moments were spent with various baking supplies flying through the air. Brown sugar, flour, rainbow sprinkles, even a little whipped cream (where did that even come from?).

It all came to a conclusion when Karina cracked an egg right on Christian's head. They didn't mean any harm by that point (and hadn't throughout it), and both could tell by the way they were laughing out loud with each toss of whatever they could get their hands on.

"You made your point." Christian said, trying to keep a straight face but failing.

"You're a clown." Karina nodded, before turning to finish the cookies.

He grabbed them by their middle and peppered kisses all along her cheeks and neck. Karina squealed out his name, trying to wriggle out of his grasp (only half-heartedly).

"Oh no. If I'm going to be all messy, so are you."

"Ugh, Christian!"

"So you do remember my name." Christian said, pressing another kiss to Karina's lips this time. "Good to know, because who knows? Maybe it could be your name, too."

"Wow. That was almost smooth, you dork." Karina said. "Now help out, before I crack a dozen more eggs on your head."

"Aye, aye, captain!"

It's a sugar date, what if spring is late?

hey hey arroyosqueen! i really hope you liked this and thanks for requesting! happy, happy holidays!

xoxo