「 ❄️ ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU / PAUL DEJONG. 」

PAUL DEJONG IMAGINE

" all i want for christmas is you - for maddy "

I just want you for my own,

Little compared to the feeling of Christmas in the air, a chill racing up and down Maddy's spine as she waited for her hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls to be done.

This was absolute bliss. To her, the air in December had a bit of a chill, some snow here and there but most of all, magic. The world might have been cold, but the people seemed to become nicer and sweeter.

Luckily for her, her husband Paul was sweet always. He called out from the kitchen.

"Hey, do you want marshmallows in your hot chocolate?"

She wrinkled her nose as she fluffed the pillows on the couch. "Obviously. What kind of question is that?"

That was enough to make Paul poke his head out of the kitchen and into the living room. "Watch the attitude."

They not knew it was in jest, so when Maddy stuck her tongue out at him, Paul just laughed.

"Don't make faces like that at the man who's making your food." He advised before returning to the task at hand.

The timer on his phone went off, signaling that the cinnamon buns were finally done. He put on an oven mitt and pulled them out of the oven, the scent of cinnamon that was already wafting through the air was magnified tenfold.

It took all of his willpower not to eat them all right then and there.

So, sue him. He liked to bake. It was oddly calming and besides, it always ensured that he had a delicious treat to reward himself after a long, long day.

(Besides, although she had many, many virtues, his beloved Maddy could not bake for the life of her. Every time she wanted to make cookies, they always ended up with burnt, black rock-hard pieces of dough instead of cookies).

Paul would have really liked not to have to put out a fire on Christmas, so he offered to bake the rolls and make the hot chocolate while she got the living room ready.

They made a great team.

In the living room, Maddy was fiddling with the remote and waiting for Paul to come in. She had her favorite Christmas movie, Elf, up and ready to watch. Sure, she supposed that she could start the movie on her own -- but she didn't want to mess with Paul (even though messing with Paul was her favorite pastime).