「 ❄️ LAST CHRISTMAS / AARON NOLA. 」

AARON NOLA IMAGINE

" last christmas - for gigi "

This year, to save me from tears,

Aaron was nothing if not someone who put his nose to the grindstone. When he put his mind to something, so help him god — he was going to achieve it.

His mother and father used to chuckle to themselves and say that it was because he was stubborn and never learned to take 'no' for an answer, which might have been true, but Aaron figured that it didn't paint him in a flattering light.

What was so wrong about chasing one's dreams? Aaron couldn't find anything bad about having ambition, so he stopped thinking and started doing.

The doing is what got him through the minors, constantly trying his best to be the best. Always  willing to go the extra mile — anything at all to make it to the show.

He got the phone call on a Monday night, about a week before Christmas. It was the invite to spring training — honest to god spring training! — where he was more determined than anything to make all of his dreams come true.

He was so close now. Aaron could taste it.

While Aaron was on the grind, Gigi finally had some time to relax. School had let out for the holidays and she'd worked hard to earn her 4.0 GPA. It cost her a few dates, a few invitations to parties, but whatever.

Her time to let loose was now and she couldn't care less about people who didn't understand. People who didn't get why she wanted to work so hard, to be the best, and to get into medical school weren't her problem.

It took her a lot of pain and heartache to begin believing that.

Her best friend tried her best to bring Gigi out of her shell, but it was sort of a tall order. Having a bookworm for a best friend was tough on Natalia, because he wanted to have someone to go clubbing with — not someone who would rather be at home with a good book.

However, they balanced each other out. Gigi reminded Natalia to keep her nose to the grindstone and focus on what was important. Natalia reminded Gigi to cut loose — and she would cut loose at Natalia's Christmas party.

The Christmas party would also signal the start of something new, something special for both Aaron and Gigi, only neither of them didn't know it until it happened.

That was the thing about fate and destiny; it hits you like a freight train.

"You look gorgeous!" Natalia complimented her best friend, hugging her and letting her inside.