「 ❄️ O CHRISTMAS TREE / FRANCISCO LINDOR. 」

FRANCISCO LINDOR IMAGINE

" o christmas tree - for emily "

Your boughs so green in summertime,

The way that Emily spoke about going to see the annual Christmas tree lighting, one would have thought that all of the world's secrets were shared around the big evergreen. Her eyes were wide with wonder and, as much as Francisco wanted to fall into them, he had one thing to ask.

"What else do we do at a tree lighting?" In all of his sugary sweetness, he found himself asking Emily in earnest.

He wasn't trying to be rude — he just, well, didn't know what to expect.

(Honestly, it had taken him a week to get used to the fluffy white snow on the ground, so Emily wasn't exactly judging him).

"Well, we always go to dinner afterwards. You'll really like the place we go to, too. They've got really good hot chocolate." Emily explained with a bright smile as she wrapped her scarf around her neck,

In hindsight, it probably would have been smarter to understand what was going to be going on before the festivities were going to happen — not minutes before, but that wasn't exactly Francisco's style.

For better or worse, he had a good memory when things were real and happening right then. Not before, well, not usually, at least.

Emily had a great memory all of the time, which was good because they balanced each other out.

"Ah, understood." Francisco nodded, taking her hand in his. "Ready to go?"

Emily was so set to agree, but remembered something nearly all at once.

"One minute!" She called out before hurrying to the back room, scrambling around to find something special she'd picked out especially for this situation.

When she finally found it, Emily raced back to her boyfriend and handed him a wrapped box. To top it all off, she couldn't contain her glee -- smile shining brightly and eyes gleaming.

"Open it!" She urged.

Francisco caught onto her clear enthusiasm and thought he could have some fun with her. A mischievous smile played on his lips as he shook the present, only doing it to tease her but it drove Emily nuts. She grabbed the present out of his hands and shot him a glare.

"You're such a dork. I'm not kidding, it's a good present baby. I promise." Emily urged, batting her eyelashes and trying to get Francisco to be on her side (for once).