Chapter 4: September

When September began, football and cross country were in the morning announcements every morning. Now I kind of enjoyed watching football, but I just couldn't see myself playing anything.
Classes were going decent, even Biology and Math were going decent. I even checked on my school account and saw I was maintaining a 'C' in that class.
One day in P.E. though, I made a new friend and enemy.

We had dressed down and walked into the gym to begin our football unit thing. It was football season and that meant everything revolved around football. Hurray.

So after the teacher told us to run around the gym with the occasional stop to do some exercise like push-ups or squats, I got split into a group of boys. I recognized them as being the rich kids since they all had had well-combed head fur and just had a sense of... superiority, per se, and they all were fit.
When I say fit, I mean I was sweating from the running and exercises and panting hard while they were barely breaking a sweat.

Is every rich kid here athletic as hell?! I thought to myself as I tried keeping my breathing under control and tried to wipe some sweat off my head.
The rich kids in my group were talking with one another, leaving me out of the conversation they were having. One of them looked familiar, and then I recognized them as one of the people who often sat with the crowd surrounding Benjamin.

By this time, I researched the prodigy a bit, and found out his name was Benjamin Mutton. He enjoyed dancing very much, and judging from his posts on social media, liked to spend time with groups of people. I didn't understand how though, considering the group I usually saw him with spending their time idolizing him and basking in his great authority.

"Benjamin? What about him?" The one rich looking rabbit said.

"Do you like him? Richard..." His red panda friend looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well of course I do! Is it that much of a stretch? I'm interested in guys and he's an eligible candidate to be a boyfriend." Richard said, not even hesitating to think about it. It seemed he was ready for this question and prepared for it.

The wolf next to him snorted. "So what if he can bust a few dance moves? Does he have good grades in his classes?"

Richard snickered, "Maxwell... are you jealous?!"

"No! Hell no! Why the hell would you want to date him,-"
I immediately thought he was going to be a homophobic prick, but what he said was even more surprising.

"-when you can go after that bear?! You know, the one in our math class that actually understand Trigonometry!?"

"That... Marcus Underwood bear? No. No way. He's too sensitive! I saw him cry over stubbing his toe once!"

Red panda stepped in, "To be fair, that hurts like a bitch."

The wolf glanced at me in an eye-roll and pointed at me. I stiffened and probably made my small double chin stand out more in the frozen stance I made.

"What about this raccoon here? Look!" The wolf walked up behind me and then grabbed my stomach. My shirt was moist, so it pressed up against my gut, exposing its roundness.

"Hey!" I was able to call out to Max.

"Richard, what about this one? He's chubby, so I think he'd be a good cuddler! Come on! And judging from his belly... I bet he also knows how to eat!" Max whispered the last part.

"Wha-, I'm not interested in dating him!" I said, amidst Max squeezing large portions of my gut.

Max gasped and possibly started this rivalry between me and Jared the rich rabbit by saying, "Oh shit! Richard, you have competition for Ben! This chubby little guy is going to steal Benjamin from you!"