The Moons Deal

Capituló 20

Dimitris POV

Something inside of me snapped, got torn into smaller pieces, stepped on, and then douched in gas to be set up in flames. The one organ in my body stopped beating at the exact same time another one did, but the only difference was that mine continued on...

I could not, for some reason, remember what had transpired the last day since I gave myself up to him. I remembered being outnumbered, since the humans began to join the rouges and hunters, but after a glance at a horrified Alex, I remember a sharp pain and then nothing. But that pain was nothing compared to the pain that was going on in my heart.

I quickly looked around, trying to find the reason my heart was in so much pain. The half injured warriors who were standing immediately fell down to their knees, all of their faces and even scents reeking of horror as they stared at something straight ahead of me. With slow, deliberate movements, I turned my neck to see what they were seeing and gasped.

"No."

I didn't realize the word had escaped my lips until it repeated over and over again. Familiar black hair was displayed all across the concrete road, and an immovable body was underneath it. The face that I was supposed to wake up every morning to was staring off into space, but her pupils were not dilating back to normal. Blood that was supposed to be pumping her heart was over her lips and chin, and slowly beginning to drip over the ground she was laying upon.

The world seemed to get smaller as my knees gave out, and I plummeted down to the floor. My vision began to blur, and it took me many seconds to realize why.

Tears. I was crying.

I, the vampire King, was crying.

My knees began to think faster than my brain. I was already crawling towards her before I even registered I was moving. No one stopped me as I bounced up, and began to run, getting to her in seconds. My hands hovered over her still body as Max howled next to her, while more shrieks of pain were thrown out into the wind many feet away from us.

"No..." I whispered as the tears continued to roll down. "No... no... you can't be gone." I wiped my eyes with a quick swipe of my palm and then picked up her body. My fingers trembled as I moved her hair away from her face, and then softly patted her cheeks, as if she was just sleeping. "Emilee... Emilee please!"

"No." The small whisper of a female voice brought my head up, and I immediately hissed as I saw Tatiana on her knees, two feet from us. Her eyes were trained on my beloved, and they brimmed with unshed tears as she continued to whisper. "I thought... I thought she would do it... I thought... I thought she had a chance with you... Emilee..."

"We were wrong and now she's gone." Alexs' hard voice spat at her. I barely paid attention to them as I looked back down at my love, my girl. "...we thought she could do it, but Dimitri was just far too gone for her to be able to do anything."

My head snapped up at the sound of my name and I hissed. "What the fück did I do!?"

"YOU GAVE HIM CONTROL!" Alex roared. I knew if I wasn't holding his daughter, I would have probably be meeting his fists as my back met the floor, but he held himself back. "WE MADE THE MISTAKE OF TELLING TATIANA TO GIVE HER SOME ENERGY TO TRY AND SAVE YOU BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE." His head hung down and his knees gave out underneath him as his voice broke out into a whisper. "We made the wrong decision."

"WHY THE HELL DIDNT YOU CHANGE HER INSTEAD?" I snarled, looking over at the witch who had promised she would not let my beloved die. "WHY DIDNT YOU?"