Epilogue

*Delilahs pov*

*two years later*

"Hey there, Delilah!" I didn't turn fast enough. Something slammed into my legs, and then bursted into a fit of giggles as I whirled around in circles, acting as if I didn't know who it was.

"Who's there? Who is hanging off my feet?" I rubbed my chin as the child's mother continued walking towards us, shaking her head as she chuckled. "It can't be my little Xavier. He's not-"

His familiar cry of sadness brought me down to my knees as I picked up the small baby boy and brought him around so I could crush him to my chest. My heart tugged as he cried on my shoulder, and I stood back up, patting his bottom as Eveline finally arrived.

"This little boy can sure run fast. I don't know how he even found you in this crowd!" She ran a hand through his dark, colored hair and looked at me. "It's like he has a homing beacon on you, but it's impossible since you're not even related."

I kissed Xavier in his cheeks as I passed him on to her and sighed. "Oh how I wish I was related to him. He has stolen my heart from the moment I first saw him."

She smiled as the same memory I was thinking of probably ran through her mind. It almost seemed like a coincidence when I rounded the corner from my morning exercise run, and bumped into Eveline, who had paused since her water had broken. She was in total shock, not even noticing I had bumped into her until I had said something.

*flashback*

"Hey... are you ok? Do you need me to call an ambulance for you?"

Her wide eyes slowly looked up at me, and she gulped as she shook her head. "Umm... no. I'm ok... I think. What just happened?"

I looked down at the puddle of water that coated her shoes and took a wild guess. "I think your water just broke. Are you sure I can't help you out?"

The young woman fumbled with her purse as she opened it. She took out her own cellphone, even though I had mine in my hands and then dialed a number. "Arielle... my water just broke." Her eyes flickered towards me as she took deep breaths and rubbed her belly. "Uh huh... yes... ugh.... yes. Ok, I'll see you soon."

She hung up and gave me a small smile. "One of my roommates. I can't have this baby without both of his godmothers present."

"Is she coming to pick you up?" She shook her head and I gulped. "My car is not even two blocks from here. Can I drive you to the hospital or to your apartment..."

She gave me another smile and gave out a small cry of pain as she doubled over. I rubbed her back, and then helped her to my car, forgetting to even finish my run. "Where to?"

"My... house." She huffed as she rubbed her belly. "I want a home birth."

I looked at her alarmed. "Is your midwife going to be there?" I sped up a bit as she sharply inhaled.

"No." Panting. "I'm a nurse... we have- oh god!"

I was momentarily shocked as I finally realized her house was right around the corner from mine. We were almost neighbors.

"We are here!" As I bounced over to help her out the seat, the door to her house opened and out came running another girl.

"Arielle?" I asked, not knowing which one of her two roommates she was.

The black hair girl shook her head and met her emerald eyes at me. My breath hitched momentarily as she stared at me, the smallest of thoughts that I had seen those eyes ran through my mind before it went away. "I'm Emilee. And you are?..."