Chapter Eight

After the talk between Zander and I, we decided to go downstairs to check on the dinner and the fragrant smell of pasta filled the entire place. The smell was driving me crazy as my mouth was drowning in my own drool. If Dante is really the cook that the rumours make him, I will forever take advantage of his skills till death does me in.

"Let's eat!" I hear Kane yell from the table with plates of fettuccine alfredo served with the visible warmth of the steam rising to the ceiling. If that didn't give me a sign of Dante's cooking to be worthy then I didn't know what would besides taking a bite of the food. 

I laughed at Kane's eagerness and ruffled his hair as I take the seat next to him with Zander on my other side. The rest of the guys were coming down from the stairs with euphoria for each breath they took in when coming to the table to eat. What probably surprised me the most is how Dante's cooking could bring the guy's faces in delight as well as his own when they all took a seat, salivating our dinner. It was the first time I had ever seen all the guys look so happy, even Ryker's serious deposition had been watered down to be more vulnerable.

"Alright everyone, you may eat!" The guys and I jumped right into the food, not holding back right when Dante said that statement. With each bite that was taken make up more elated by the second. Where has Dante's cooking been from my eighteen years of life?!

I know I live with boys but when there's food there's no way I'm holding back so with the last mouthful of pasta that was swallowed, I rubbed my belly with relish. Since I had finished a lot faster than anyone else at the table, I grabbed my plate and walked to the sink to leave it there. 

Excusing myself to go back to my room, I laid on my back with my hands behind my head and stared at the ceiling. I took this time to really recollect everything, letting my brain sync of what has happened recently in the last twenty four hours. It has been a hectic day of the overwhelming reactions of people noticing me with the guys to somehow meeting Camila, Normani and Ally. To them having a crush on them to reciprocation?! Oh my god they like me!

I heard a knock on the door and I lifted myself off the bed to get to the door. I unlocked the door and Kane was holding two peeled oranges in his hand. I hadn't realised that Zander was right behind him holding up a jar of peanut butter and packet of Oreos in the other hand. Motioning the two to come in, the two took a seat on the ground on the furry rug and began indulging in the food at hand.

Zander patted the spot next to him and I understood that he wanted me to sit next to him to eat our beloved snack that the guys seemed to be disgusted about. Dunking the Oreo into the peanut butter, Kane was happily eating his fruit until he spotted something in the room. He literally shoved an entire orange into his mouth and went to whatever caught his eye. It was humorous to see Kane struggle with the orange in his mouth but he somehow ate the entire thing before making his way to my desk.

"Wow this is good. You draw this Y/N/N?" I nod my head, not being able to speak with my mouth full of sweet goodness. "Could you draw something for me?"

I slightly turn my head to the side in confusion but nonetheless I got up and took the pen to start on his request. "What would you like me to draw?"

"Hm ... draw me my spirit animal." He thought a little with his hands motioning under his chin, stroking his imaginary beard as if he was trying to embody a wise old man.

I knew the perfect animal that was the embodiment of Kane and that consisted of the cuddly and cute factor. I quickly sketched the outline of the body, creating light strokes of fine lines to complete the entire formulation of the sketch. After I finished drawing the adorable animal without Kane or Zander seeing, I flipped it around to show the two and I swear I heard Zander awe as Kane stared at the panda intensely with rosy cheeks.