Bad News

Jake POV - I woke up with weight on my chest. Shit it's happening again. I'm going back into the coma. I began to struggle and turn. I then opened up my eyes to see Erika laying over me. I imediantly calmed down and rested my hand on her lower back. She stirred and woke up.

Jake - "good morning beautiful" I said kissing her drowsy face

Erika - "hey baby. How'd you sleep?" 

Jake - "pretty good. I mean I just got outta a coma after a wreck so it wasn't great" I said laughing

Erika - "oh well I'm sorry baby"

Jake - "it's alright." 

Erika POV - just then the doctor came in saying he had bad news and that I needed to step out.

*15 minutes later*

Jake POV - I was crying. The doctor just told me that I would be injured for a couple of months. He said I would have to have around the clock care. Not because of pain or whatever but because of my brain. I could go back into a coma at any moment. He suggested Erika to be my care taker and I told him we had a son. He said it would be best to sign him over to someone else for now and he left.

Doctor - *walking out of room* "Mrs Costell you can renter now"

Erika - "thanks" I said walking through the curtain to see Jake crying "what's wrong jakey?"

Jake - "Erika I'm sorry."

Erika - "for what"

Jake - "I'm gonna need around the clock care for a few months. He suggest you"

Erika - "Jake don't be sorry. I'll do that. But what about Nicholas." I said worried

Jake - "he said it would be best for us to get away from him. I might have emotional problems and lash out with the medicine I'll be on"

Erika - "what would we do Jake"

Jake - "sign him over to Team 10 and hope fore the best"

Erika - "Jake"

Jake - "Erika it's okay you can say no. I'll get chance or Anthony to do it."

Erika - "no Jake Jake I'll do it but it will be hard without Nicholas"

Jake - "I know baby. I know. But it's my only choice"

Erika - "I agree but can we trust the team"

Jake - "baby I know they all act like idiots but they can step up when the need to. I know they can."

Erika - "ok"

*2 hours later*

Jake POV - as me and Erika walked into the team ten house all I could feel is her tight grip sound my arm that held Nicholas's car seat. It was definitely hard to carry and a little bit painful with my dislocated shoulder but I could handle it. Anthony met us at the stairs.

Anthony - "hey guys" he said

Jake - "hi"

Erika - *sniffling* "hi"

Anthony - "what's wrong rik"

Jake - "she's a little upset about this" I said feeling her burry her head in my shoulder and crying softly

Anthony - "ok" he said and nodded 

Jake POV - we went up to Nicholas's nursery for a few months and talked ever thing over with him Nathan, Kade, Chance, and the rest of the houses residents. It was almost 9:00pm now so we needed to get going. I stood up with Erika still grasping my arm and Anthony nodded understanding. I walked over to the bouncer in the corner and pick up my baby boy for the last time for a while. "I love you so much Nicholas. Well be back for you. I'll miss you" I whispers as I hugged him gently and kisses his forehead. And I watched and started to cry as Erika did the same. I felt so bad for ripping her away but she would leave me.

Erika POV - I took Nicholas as Jake offered. I hugged him softly and kisses his head as I cried my goodbyes. I felt so bad for leaving him but I couldn't leave Jake. Anthony approached me and hugged us. He reached out his hands and I hesitated before finally giving up Nicholas. 

Anthony - "I'll take good care of him. I promise" he said almost crying

Erika POV - I couldn't say anything I just let go of Jake and ran to the car crying.

Jake POV - Erika broke down and ran out the door. I need to go home and comfort her.

Jake - "I'm trusting you tony." I said serious while looking at his eyes

Anthony - "I won't let you down brother" I said as we both teared up

Jake - "I love you bro"

Anthony - "you too man. I'll see you soon." I said pulling in and out of a hug

Jake - "goodbye guys" I said pulling the door closed behind me and breaking down as I walked tO the car

Jake POV - I got to the car and got in. I just sat there before turning to Erika and her going her tightly.

Jake - "I'm sorry. I love you" I said crying

Erika - "it's okay Jake. Let's just go" she said starting the car

Jake POV - I kissed her and stared out the window preparing myself for the long drive we wouldn't be making again for a long time. God this is gonna be rough but with our love we can do it. I know we can overcome this. Me and her. Me and Erika.