t h i r t y - t w o

Calum's P.O.V.

"Hey, Taylor wha-," I stop myself short when I open the door to reveal Taylor kissing Luke. Her arms are wrapped around his neck while his are resting on her hips.

They break the kiss and look over to me - Taylor's mouth is wide open in shock and Luke's mouth is curved upward into a smirk. My body releases from my control and charges at the two sitting on the couch. I pull Luke up by his shirt and shove him back towards the pool table.

"What the fuck?" Luke has the audacity to question my actions. He can't seriously think that I have no reason to push him around after making out with my girlfriend.

"I should be the one asking that question," I say through gritted teeth as I look between him and Taylor. She's made her way off of the couch, but is frozen in place in front of it.

Just as I go to take a swing at his jawline, I'm pulled back by my elbows. I turn around to see Taylor who is clearly upset by my outburst. Her eyes are filling with tears as she tries to open her mouth to speak.

"Don't," She pleads, barely above a whisper. The pure innocence that is laced in her voice right now is enough to make my heart shatter. Considering the situation at hand, she shouldn't be so upset over my attempt to kill Luke - well, not kill but I was going to hit him pretty hard.

"Why?" I ask, giving into her.

"Because I love him."

"Cal? Dude, wake up," Michael exclaimed, shaking me by my shoulders in an attempt to wake me up. I abruptly open my eyes to see him standing above me. At first I'm confused as to why he's in my room, but then I remember that I'm not in my room - I'm in Michael's guest room.

After the awkward tension that filled the car ride home with Taylor, I dropped her off and immediately went to Michael's house. I couldn't hold in my anger about the situation, so I needed somebody to vent to and he was the perfect choice. Besides my mom, Michael is the only one that I tell everything to, and there was no way I was going to vent to my mom so that's how I ended up here.

I didn't even call him ahead of time. I just drove straight to his house and banged on his bedroom window - luckily his room was on the first floor. If I had knocked on the front door, his parents would've been pissed. He groggily made his way over to the window, cursing all the way there as he stumbled over the shit cluttering his floor. Of course he asked why I was there, but he let me in anyways once I asked and sat down to hear the whole story.

"Shit." That was his response once I had finished telling him what happened between Taylor and Luke. I took out my anger on a few knick knacks around his room, and then I went to sleep in the guest room.

"I'm up," I groan, covering my face with the pillow. The sun is filtering in through the open blinds and is causing a massive headache. I'm not ready to face the day yet, so I roll over to face the wall, groaning loudly as I do so.

"Seriously, bro wake the fuck up. Your mom has called like a hundred times."

Shit, I think to myself, flipping back over to face an annoyed Michael. I forgot to tell my mom that I was spending the night at Michael's, so it only makes sense for her to worry about where I am. I know my mom fairly well and she probably came up with the worst case scenario - that I'm dead.

"Hand me my phone," I demand as I sit up and place the pillow on my lap. He does as I ask and once it's in my hand, I dial my mother's cell phone.

"Calum Thomas Hood where the hell have you been?" She scolds through the receiver.