Chapter 9 (broken on the ground)

Oscar's POV

The cold wet grass covered in our sweat and hot bodies is all that I try to focus on. The rush of the hit, the rush of the run. I focus on the guy in front of me, the way that he will hike me the football. The way that I will flawlessly guide the ball with my arm to my teammate across the field. Rushing, running after the ball, tackling our teams to the ground. The way that it was graciously gliding to the other side of the field. Scoring the touchdown, and I run up to Jackson to patting his back for making that touchdown.

When were done cheering Jackson on, and heading back to position ourselves to finish practice, I see her. Her pure blonde hair flowing with the wind, her olive skin looking so soft and shiny in the light. The way she walks up the stairs of the bleachers to sit next to her friend. The best friend that hates me.

Ash immediately brightens up at the sight of her and kisses her cheek when she goes and sits down. Wrapping his arm around her shoulder and talking to her while she laughs and lightly pushes him away. her cheeks turn a pale rosy color, that makes her look so adorable.

Next thing I know my body has connected with the ground, arm hurting as pain goes up to my shoulder. I turn to the side and lay on my back as soon as the guy gets off me. Closing my eyes breathing through my nose before I try to get up. The pain in my arm slowing going away into nothing.

"You ok bro?" Jackson says to me while giving me a hand.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a hard hit that I took."

"Kane, what the heck was that?"

"I'm sorry coach, I don't know what happened."

"Yeah well, it better not happen again; or your girly butt will be meeting the bench for the first time. You got that son?"

"Yes sir, I do."

"Good now get back out there." coach says pleased "Let's see you pansies learn how to play some real football before our game on friday."

The whole team yells back in agreement as he says that, but I don't listen. All I see is her captivating eyes, they way they glow with the specs of purple and blue. She's staring at me, why is she staring at me like that?

"Oscar go to the nurse and get that wound fixed. Come back when your bandaged up" coach yells at me from the sidelines.

when I look down I see blood going down my arm. there's a piece of a stick poking into the top of my arm. I pull it out with one tug that hurts but I need to hide my pain. You don't ever show pain when it comes to football.

"push through it son. never let pain stop you from doing what you love." that's what my dad always says to me.

"I'm fine coach. I didn't even notice it."

"Boy don't you disobey me, go do what I told you."

"Yes sir."

I slowly stride off of the field and towards the main building. Where I walk into the nurses office and have take a look at it. Like I knew it was fine just 3 stitches that the nurse was able to do without going to the hospital. It stung a little bit but not to bad to make me groan out in pain.

When I'm all stitched up and the nurse lets me go I start to head back to the practice field. I start walking out of the nurse's office and into the hallway. The halls are blue and the lockers are black with silver locks. The halls are empty except for one person. The person is a very petite girl with brunette hair. She doesn't look like she's in this high school by the way that she dresses.

Wait! Is she going through Bethany's locker?

"Um can I help you miss?" I say with slight concern but irritation in my voice.