epilogue

I know I said last chapter was the end...but sike.

I wrote a epilogue. Dee is 21 and Nova is 22.

Your body and your mind is your contribution,

I'm here to give you love and never lose ya

Epilogue

○●○

(Author's POV )

A young woman sits down on a bench in the courtyard of Howard University. She twirls a small piece of her kinky hair that was currently styled into two buns as she waits, heart pounding excitedly in anticipation. It's been exactly a month since she's last seen him, he had taken her advice and pursued a career in the Hip Hop industry. Right now, he's been working on an EP and moved out to Atlanta six months ago to get it done. And she herself had followed her passion, which was writing, by earning a scholarship and majoring in Creative Writing at one of the most successful HBCU's in the country. 

Although the distance was great, they never doubted their adoration and devotion for each other. She called him almost every week, and came to visit him down in the A whenever she could, and he did the same. They still managed to love and support each other, while chasing their different dreams. But once a month, one of them would fly out to spend a week with the other to reunite and spend time with each other. And that was why she was waiting on the bench, staring down at her phone while her leg bobbed up and down impatiently. She really wanted to see him.

"Diamond?" A familiar voice called out.

Dee looked up from her spot on the bench, her face immediately brightening at the sight of her boyfriend for almost four years. She got up off the bench, and ran into his arms, wrapping hers around his neck and bringing him in close as she embraced him. Nova had changed a little since she last saw him; his sideburns were growing in, along with a small goatee that suited his squared jaw. His hair was longer, and he dyed it again, a dark brown at the roots to a softer one at the tips. She used to clown him all the time for his hair, but she secretly loved it.

Once she pulled away, he leaned down to give her a soft, sweet kiss. His hair tickled the sides of her cheeks, and she giggled softly into the kiss. When they broke away again, she stared up at him, looking at him as if he was the whole world to her. And Nova looked down at her, studying her beautiful features as if he didn't already have it committed to memory. 

"Miss me?" He asked with a small smirk.

"Nah," She said sarcastically, "I just felt like runnin up on some random nigga and kissin him."

Nova frowned playfully, "You better not be runnin around kissin anyone but me."

"I dunno," Dee said, making a point of looking around the people on campus around them, "There sure are a lot of fine ass men out here."

Nova rolled his eyes, and in one split second, he managed to take Dee off the ground and spin her around a couple of times. She screamed the entire time, because he knew damn well she didn't like heights, and she kept hitting his shoulder the whole time, until Nova finally had enough of the abuse from her sharp nails and put her back down on the ground.

"You always play too much," She grumbled, now having to fix her hair which got blown out of place. 

Nova smiled slowly, almost nostalgically and said, "You been saying that since high school."