one

kendall barrington wasn't your ordinary girl

kendall barrington wasn't your ordinary girl. She would choose a old but classic book to read over a shopping day with a friend, she's the type of girl to go on adventures in the middle of the night over a lack of sleep, she's always the one to make her friends laugh when they are down but now, everything changed.

it's the time to begin her adventurous life by moving to toronto ontario with a bit of money but not much. she didn't worry about money, she didn't care for it but now she has to, she has to take control in her life and make her parents proud.

"kendall!" The voice coming from behind the café counter yelled kendall's order, she quickly walked towards the worker and grabbed the white plastic cup. she turned on her heel fairly quickly which caused her to drop the cup of lukewarm hot chocolate.

"oh my god! i'm so sorry!" The high pitched voice said as kendall looked at the girl, blonde hair and red lipstick attached to her lips.

"it's okay, really." kendall said as she looked at the mess in between them, "i'll buy you another one, was it a hot chocolate?" the unknown girl asked as she took out her wallet from her black leather purse that matches with her jacket.

"yeah it was, but seriously you don't need to buy me one." Kendall said and one of the workers started to clean up the spilt beverage.

"please, my treat since i kinda spilled yours." She giggled and kendall resisted as she watched the girl who spill her beverage order another one for her.

she finished telling the cashier her order and they began to make them, "i'm steph, by the way." she flashed a smile as she held out her pale tiny hand.

"i'm kendall," she said and shook her hand, the cashier called steph's name. she quickly grabbed the two cups and handed one to kendall.

"do you wanna sit? maybe get to know each other? steph asked and kendall agreed with her as they began to make their way towards a wooden table which is beside a large window.

•••

"what? so you're telling me that you never watched a hockey game before?" steph said with her eyes huge which caused kendall to shake her head up and down as she chuckled.

"yep," kendall said and popped the 'p'. "that's crazy!" steph exclaimed and kendall cocked her dark eyebrow.

"and how's that?" kendall questioned, "it just seemed like your the kind of girl to play hockey." steph shrugged and took a bite of her biscuit.

"so, you're new here?" steph asked, trying to keep the conversation going. "Yeah, i just moved." kendall said and her phone chimed making her look at her phone.

"is that important? Because i could go if you want." steph said and began to put on her jacket, "what? No! Of course not, that's just my sister." kendall said and took a drink of her warm hot beverage.

"okay, i enjoy talking to you." she smiled and kendall agreed with her, maybe toronto isn't that bad.