five

after two hours of talking with auston, kendall decided that it was time for her to go back to the shared apartment

after two hours of talking with auston, kendall decided that it was time for her to go back to the shared apartment. as auston walked her back to her apartment, people stopped them for a picture and auston felt bad because he wanted to spend more time with her, even though they were just walking. he felt bad because he just wanted to spend the amazing time with her as they both walked.

kendall on the other hand didn't mind that fans wanted to take pictures with the superstar of a well known hockey team, if she knew a lot about hockey then she would ask to take a picture with him.

"well, he we are." auston sighed as they both stopped in front of the green door, "i'll see you around?" kendall said but it came out more like a question.

"of course, do you wanna maybe exchange numbers?" he asked nervously and kendall noticed, a chuckled escaped her mouth and she took out her phone. the two exchanged numbers and gave back their phones to each other.

"i should get going, i'll see you around." auston said with feelings filling his body and he walked away from her sight, farely quickly. she quietly laughed as she opened the door. she walked up the stairs and slid her key into the key hole.

she unlocked it and pushed open the door, she took off her coat and shoes. her sister wouldn't be home for another hour, she went into her room and flopped on her bed.

she gazed at the mess of papers and all the thoughts came like a wave from the ocean, she didn't know what to do. did she really want to tell her sister? of course, she really wanted too but she just doesn't have the heart to.

she quickly cleaned the sheets of paper and stacked them onto her desk. her laptop sat on her desk and she slowly sat down, she turned it on and began to search up anything that came to her mind.

•••

hours passed and kendall laid on her bed, reading a book as music quietly played. she looked at the time and it was midnight, she was quite tired since she didn't have any rest at all today, she grabbed her pyjamas and covered herself with the fuzzy blanket.

she turned off the lamp and got comfortable, she closed her eyes and the image came to her, the same guy who had touched her she tried to get out of his strong grasp and she opened her eyes.

kendall sat up quickly as she took in deep breaths, it's like her body didn't want her to sleep. she grabbed her phone and kendall started to tap her fingers over the touch screen keyboard on her phone.

kenna🌾
hey? you up?

matts🍪
yeah, just about to go to bed. why? is everything okay?

kenna🌾
no biggie, just wanted to ask you something

matts🍪
shoot away

kenna🌾
come explore with me

matts🍪
i'll be there

she smiled like an idiot at the text he sent her, kendall got up from now, the messy bed and pulled a sweather over her head, she left her hair the way it was and quietly walked out of her bedroom.

she slipped on some shoes and went out the door, just before auston was about to press the buzzer, she came out. "perfect timing." auston smiled and they both started to walk.

"why couldn't you go to bed?" he asked and she shrugged, not wanting to talk about, but she sighed before talking.

"every time i close my eyes, it's just i see him every time, it's scary to even picture it." kendall said as she walked slowly as she kicked pebbles not having the courage to look at auston.

"it's okay kenna. he'll be out of your head before you know it." he said and wrapped his arm around her, kendall felt her cheeks warm up and she felt safe, she absolutely loves the feeling and hopes she doesn't lose it.

"so where are we going to go?" auston asked and she smiled with her perfect teeth showing, she knew exactly where to go.

"c'mon." kendall said and grabbed his hand and they began to run the streets as if stars are in their eyes, they ran to the highest building in downtown toronto.

"let's go," she said and opened the front doors of the building and they slowly walked in—hand in hand, not letting go of each other. auston looked around, amazed how beautiful the building is.

"miss kendall," a janitor said as he smiled at kendall, "mr joe. how is your night doing?" she asked politely as possible.

"i'd rather be at home," he snickered and began to mop the floors, she chuckled and walked with auston towards the elevator.

"miss kendall? i should call you that." auston flashed his famous smile as they both stood inside the moving elevator as it went up to the highest floor.

"call me whatever you want." kendall said and the bell of the elevator rung, the doors opened and they both walked out.

"how about baby?" he asked and a pink color flushed on her cheeks, "no thanks." she chuckled and they both got off the elevator. kendall pushed opened the metal door that is connected to the building roof.

"wow." auston breathed out as the two looked out into the city lights, stars filled the sky and with the bright moon also.

"you could see every thing, it's so beautiful." kendall said as they both sat down on the squared duct pipes, they both sat in silence as they enjoyed the breathtaking view.

"i've never done this before." auston admitted, breaking the enjoyable silence, kendall turned her head and looked at him with confusion written all over her face.

"did what before?" she questioned, a soft chuckle escaped auston's mouth and he raised his muscular arms.

"this, i've never went out and sat on a roof of a high building." he said with a smile on his face.

"if you stick with me, you'll see more than just this." she mumbled and linked her arm with his, "you bring out the best of me." he said proudly and it was true, he didn't even know you could go on different buildings and look out at the whole city.

"so kenna huh?" she chuckled and laid her head on his bicep.

author's note:

I really love this chapter! :))