The Thing in the Bush

Well, our story begins  in  Adventureland. When we got there, we separated into different small groups. I was stuck with Eva, Peyton, Ayva, Brenden, Rory, Israel, and Dean.

Here's a little character portfolio:
Eva and Peyton are the top gymnasts,
Ayva is a rock climber, Brendon is super smart, Rory into boxing and hockey,
and Israel and Dean play basketball.
Me? Well I'm just me, nothing special really.

Luckily, I got stuck with my BFF's, so I wouldn't have to bare the pain of socializing. We were in Grade 8, so we were allowed to leave the site, as long as it's not to the non prohibited areas, we stay in our groups and we stay in the campground and Adventureland.

We were assigned to different tents in the Camping Grounds. Thankfully we got a scout,Ayva. I'm in tent 1A, where the girls from group 1 sleep. I share it with Ayva, Peyton and Eva. Our tent is dark blue with one window and a rain cover. Mrs. B provided sleeping bags and they are light, because we are in the Caribbean and it is hot here, but they're also really cozy!

Basically, Adventureland is this theme park in the heart of the Caribbean that has over 500 different rides, one of them is the Rocket. The Rocket is the biggest ride there. We also have 250 different game stands, a camping ground,fit for 7000 people, and 170 different buildings and attractions.

How did we get here? Well we got here because Mrs.B's uncle owns this plane that he uses to go on business trips. So he offered to give us a trip to the Caribbean for about 5 weeks. Everyone was so excited to go!

I was pretty excited myself, but knowing the history here I shuddered at the thought of coming

I was pretty excited myself, but knowing the history here I shuddered at the thought of coming. It was either go to the Caribbean or stay at school with old teachers that smell like prunes.

"Hey guys I think I found our tent." Said a voice. I looked and saw Rory.

"Great Rory.  Ok, all we need to do now is go with our Camping Buddies! So here's the list since I'm the leader or whatchamacallit. Ok, so Ev....."  But was interrupted by a sharp voice.

"Whoa! Who made you Team Captain huh?" Eva demanded.

"Since I'm cool enough and none of you are I deserve it." Rory said hotly.

"Whatever Rory, I don't think there's an I in We?"

Rory's usually cocky and Brenden thinks he's so smart.As I tried to listen to what they were saying I heard a crunching noise at the back of the tent. I went to look  at what in the world would be making that noise. As I crept closer I saw a tiny bushy tail that was white and black, sticking out of the bush. I took a stick ready to poke it and see what it could be, my heart thumping as I was reaching towards the bush. Many thoughts went through my head, could it be a skunk or a cat? Whatever it was, was being as still as a statue. Just then I heard a familiar voice come from behind me.

"Whatcha doin'?" It was Peyton.  "Hey what are you doing here?" I asked her, since everyone left.

"Oh I was looking for Ayva we need help making the fire." Peyton said casually.

"We also need you to come, everyone  needs to be there we're talking about the plans for tomorrow plus I need to find the Marshmallows, Hot Dogs, Crackers, and Chocolate. Oh and the sticks for the roasting. So yeah, you coming?"

I was too busy glancing at what the strange creature might be so I just took the stick and started poking it again. Then Peyton obviously annoyed said, "Chariz are you listening or what?".

"Huh!?" I said, suddenly pulled out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry." I exclaimed. "We better get going then". I sighed as I walked away from the peculiar thing in the bush.

"There's the shed,Mr. O'Farrell should be right there with the key. Weird he isn't there. He must be at Tent 4A where the boys are." 

"You mean 4B?", Peyton corrected.

"What?"

"There he is, right there near that tent." I told her.

"Yeah I see him, so who stays in Tent 4, Chariz?" She asked me.

"The boys in B and the girls in A" I replied.

"While we're talking why were you poking that  bush back there?"

"Well there was something in it, something with a black & white tail," I exclaimed.

"Like what?" She asked.

"I was going to find out what it was until somebody interrupted me!" I said irritated.

"Sorry! Let's go find out what it is then"

__________
Just finished reading Chapter 2 of the story and couldn't handle the cringe of the editing by me. We literally edited this story 2 years after starting and you'd think that some of it would at least get better. Nope, sadly it didn't. I don't blame anyone though. The first editors gave up after starting the first 5 chapters and left me. The second group of editors barely read it and only one edited it with me so.... sometimes part of the story won't be understandable so bare with me.
-thrones🌸