Dead and Alive

On the way back I shoved the tiny key in my pocket and ate some food.

Soon after the sky turned dark we all huddled near the campfire eating a few berries

Soon after the sky turned dark we all huddled near the campfire eating a few berries. "We need someone to keep watch tonight",exclaimed Rory.

"What about me? I'll stay up until 12:30 and we can switch.",Dean asked.

"Okay, after let's switch back at 3:35.",Rory replied.
That night Rory and Dean were keeping guard when suddenly.... THUMP! THUMP! "What was that!",gasped Rory.

"Hey what the heck is that noise!",complained Dean waking up.

"Let's go check it out!",Rory whispered. So they went to go and see what the noise was. When the boys got closer and closer to the noise they stopped on their tracks just in time. Right in front of them was a huge creature in black armor and a dark black hood over it's head. It had a  huge black raven perched upon its shoulder and a sword was  slung on its waist and it was also holding a long bardiche.

The thing was at least 8 feet tall and hovered over Rory and Dean. Rory looked down at the creatures feet and saw that he was standing on skulls. He shoved Dean and pointed at the skulls on the creature's feet. "I am the Dark Knight why must you trespass", the knight bellowed in an eery voice that sent shivers down their spines.

"We um...", Rory replied.  Suddenly the knight raised its bardiche and hit Rory's foot with it. "Ow"!!!! What the heck did you do that for?!!!",Rory said howling in pain. The knight just turned around and disappeared. "Where'd he go!", yelled Rory. The knight was gone and only left a single piece of parchment. Dean picked up the piece of parchment and looked at it.

"Uh, I don't know what it says, it makes no sense.
The next morning the boys awoke with painful backs and cold feet.  The smell of fish was in the air and made the boys' stomach growl with hunger.

"Dude do you think we should tell?"Dean asked. Rory nodded his head in response. Soon the boys told everyone what happened late that night and showed everyone the piece of parchment. I picked it up and looked at it, it was covered in strange but familiar symbols. 
"να παρακολουθήσετε τα λόγια σας , πριν γίνουν ενέργειες", I read aloud.

"What does that mean?" They all asked.

"It means  watch your words before they become actions in Greek" They all looked at me in surprised and I soon realized why.

"How the heck do you know how to speak Greek?" they all asked.

"I don't know.....It just came out and I had no idea what it said let alone speak it", I stammered.

"I believe you have many questions?", A voice whispered. We all froze and turned around to see who it was. "Greetings fellow peasants! I am The Warlock and I have come here sensing trouble", He said casually. We all stared at him.

Eva was the first to speak "Who are you?,why are you here?,Are you any harm to us?,Were you the one behind all the strange disappearances?"

"My dear Eva, I would never be behind any evil actions." He spoke strangely with a sort of old English accent, kind of like he lived many thousands of years ago. After a while we decided go with him because we were all lost and had no idea what to do. 

"So tell us more", Rory questioned.

"Well first things first, to get this clear I know all your names because I have great power behind me. I am over 754,000 years old and I have been roaming this dystopian like world for centuries. My name is The Warlock and I sensed your entering into the Lost World."

"Why come now? Why not weeks ago when our friend needed your help or when we needed you to guide us to the right direction to find our friends?", Brenden said angrily.

"Don't you see? I have been helping you all along. To you I was a nobody but I appeared in your young friend's dreams to direct you on the right path"

"Tell us what you know", I questioned him. He gave a delightful but low laugh. "What are those boxes that have trapped our friends? Who trapped them, how was there an opening in our world to this dystopian like world?"I questioned.

"Well first of all  they're called Zilka's named by the people of Arroz,meaning 'trapped'.Every thousand years or so a portal opens from our world to yours. Which means you must have gone threw one of them. The world you're in right now is called Grammaz. Grammaz has seven kingdoms Arroz,Caraz,Iraz,Amiraz,Caribaz,Altraz, and the capital Dragonstone. This world was once for a very short period of time, beautiful. There were so many living things. Now.. not even a single elf or human is left.", He replied.

"What about our friends, they disappeared over night and no one knows where they went",reminded Peyton.

"Ah! I see that you have come across one of our σκιά τέρας or Okia's, which is a shadow monster!",He answered. The Warlock explained to us about the Shadow Monsters who roamed Grammaz and how all they did was crave human flesh. The zilka's were souls that the shadow monsters have trapped and put hidden. Apparently most of them are found easily if you have friends or family to help you out. "You must be careful about the shadow monsters, they are a great trouble",The Warlock warned.

"Wait you were the voice in my head?"

"Yes I was, of course you didn't know, you must continue on before the portal closes again!" He spoke. We made our way through the forest until we reached a massive cave with a gaping opening.

"What's in there?", questioned Peyton, with a shiver in her voice.

"This my friends is the cave of the East, it is the most largest and mysterious cave in the Lost World."

"Warlock?, what's in there and why have you led us here?",I asked. I waited for a response but the Warlock was gone.

"Seriously?!, now he's gone. Are we supposed to go into there or what?",Rory questioned.

"Eva is still hurting and right now we can't all go in. Some of us have to stand here and keep guard",I replied. As we all tried to figure out a way to plan this I noticed a small glimpse of light inside the cave. Ignoring it I turned to my friends and asked who's going in and who's not. Israel,Peyton,Rory and I crept inside the cave with some wooden spears we made and a flashlight.

The cave was actually not what I expected it to be like. It had chambers and torches on the side,some old banners that gathered so much dust that it didn't look at all like it was suppose to look like, there we're a few bones but not really any human bones, just some elk,a dead rat and what looks to be like a mutated elephant. We approached the end of the cave and saw some coffins and more torches. 

"Oh my Gosh", Peyton whimpered. I wanted to open the coffins so bad but a terrible feeling inside told me not to.

"Well, I have a crowbar and a few spare keys I found, maybe they'll work on these",Rory casually said.
"There is no way I am opening that", Peyton said. In the end Rory took the crowbar and I took the spare keys. After a couple minutes passed by we noticed that the spare keys didn't work and that the crowbar was hopeless. The coffins had small keyholes, so I decided to try my key that I found.Astonishingly it worked. We all had a go at unlocking all the coffins until all that was left was opening it.

"I'll do the first one", I told them. I didn't really payed much attention to the coffins until I was prying one open. The thoughts in my head started to worry me and gather up in my head until I was getting emotional.What if there's a dead person in here? Well no duh, it's a coffin. I mean the warlock did say that we were the first few to ever enter Grammaz in thousands of years, I finally pulled myself together and pushed open the coffin. What was in it was so shocking that I fell over and Peyton had to catch me.

There was a body in the coffin. Not a skull and bones type, a breathing and living type.It sat up and screamed when she looked at us. Now I don't know why she was screaming when we we're the ones to find a body in a coffin.