Chapter 11

Standard Disclaimer: all characters, references, species, etc are property of Disney and they retain all rights.

As Sabine and rex entered the command center an explosion rocked the building. "What was that?" Ezra asked. "Enemy artillery." he said. "Okay we have a trapped platoon of men about seven hundred meters away from our position. Your squad will move out first when the flare goes off mine will follow behind you a few seconds later." rex said pointing at a blip on the holo table. "Okay lets move" Ezra said as he put his helmet on noticing that rex had his full armor and was not missing any pieces anymore. As the three moved to the trenches and moved to the front they saw more death then they ever had. Once they reached the front sabine and Ezra peaked over the top and saw blaster fire for miles, hundreds of blaster bolts going back and forth. "This is what real war looks like not what we where doing with the rebels." rex said looking out in to the war zone. The flare went up, Sabine and Ezra with there men rushed towards the lost men. Rexs squad followed. "TO THE FRONT." he yelled. They ran through the destroyed fields of mandalore evading blaster fire. When Ezra and Sabine made it to the trapped platoon they saw the dead and living laying next to and on top of each other, the images they where seeing would never leave them. "Watch you left. Keep up the fire." rex order the men. He saw a blaster bolt heading straight towards Ezra who was still frozen from what he was seeing. "Ezra get down." rex yelled as he tackled him. As he rolled rex off him he saw that the blaster bolt hit rex. "REX!" he yelled. "Its ok kid this is what I was made for, to protect my Jedi." rex said as Ezra took of his helmet. "Oh no." Sabine said turning around to see what happend. "Don't worry about me ill be with my brothers soon and... And Ahsoka." he said smiling as he closed his eyes for the last time, rex as finally finished the war he was born into. "Thank you rex." Ezra said. "We need to go get these men back." Sabine said. "We are not leaving him." he said picking up rex and started moving back to there lines. When they returned they placed rex in the med bay and Sabine and Ezra sat on Sabine old bed. "He save me." Ezra said looking at the floor. Usra walked in. "I'm sorry about rex. He was a great soldier." usra said. "We are going to take him back with us." Ezra said standing up. "And we are going home." sabine standing with her husband. "This war is to much for us so where are going home to be with our kids." Ezra said picking up his bag and heading to go get rex put on board there ship.

Thanks again guys kinda of a sad part. Next chapter will be out later today