48

Final bow.

You can do this.

It's February 16th and today was your final bow. You were nervous, of course, but also wondered what would come next.

This was your final night on Hamilton, you were the last one of the original cast here and after two years of performing you decided it's time to say goodbye.

Also because something was happening right now that would have to make you resign sooner or later. The cast knew but otherwise you and Daveed had decided to keep it secret.

So, you were sitting in your dressing room together with Mandy and Lexi and all of you were getting ready.

"Nina."

"No."

"Jalene."

"Nah."

"Lana."

"Nope."

"What about Valerie?"

"Sounds cute but nope."

"Okay, Isabel?"

"What about boy names?", you finally asked, to change the subject.

"Alexander."

"Nope."

"Thomas."

"Nuh uh."

"James?"

"Yup."

"Really?"

"No."

Mandy and Lexi sighed in defeat. A knock sounded through the room and Mandy called "Come in!"

The door opened to reveal Daveed.

A bright smile came to your face and you got to your feet, heading over to him.

Daveed smiled back at you and wrapped his arms around your waist carefully, pressing his lips to yours in a loving kiss, before pulling away and saying "I came to wish my babies good luck."

"Enjoy watching your babies slay on stage," you grinned at him and kissed him one more time, before pushing him off and saying "Now shush, we still have to get ready."

Daveed jokingly saluted and said "Yes ma'am!", and then left the room, leaving you, Mandy and Lexi behind and laughing.

"You really got some with him," Lexi grinned at you and you grinned back, blushing a little, then said "I know. I am still surprised to wake up next to him every day."

"You two are quite the cuties," Mandy said and you all giggled, after you said "Thanks, I know."

"Did you know that Daveed was invited to do the Baccalaureate speech at his old college?", you casually said, to which the girls shook their heads.

"I can't be there because that's when I planned to do a week in Chicago. I wanted to see Emmy again. And I'm 'forced' to perform there during my stay as well," You air-quoted 'forced' because they all talked you into doing it and you just couldn't say no to that. Month three wouldn't be that much of a problem.

"Oh so you leave us for someone else?", Mandy asked and acted like she was hurt. You laughed "I would never."

"Girls, get ready, five minutes left!", someone then called.

Let's get this party started.