3| Plane Rides & Machai Wells

We finally get to the airport and I take a seat by our gate and wait til its time to board. I take out my phone and smile down at it when I read the text I just received, 'Did your plane take off yet?' All he did was ask a question. Get it together.

I type a quick, 'Not yet. Still have fifteen minutes.' And shove my phone back in my bag.

"So, who's Machai?" Lonni asks plopping down in the chair next to mine. Lonni Jonas has been my bestfriend since diapers. Her mocha brown skin is flawless. Her mesmerizing deep brown eyes were almost black. She is beautiful. I love how her wavy jet black hair reaches down to the middle of her back. She's 5'6" and I would kill for her curves. She could be a model honestly.

"Just some guy." I answer

"Just some guy" she mocks me "Well, if 'some guy' can make a girl blush and smile like an idiot in a public place like that then I need me a 'just some guy'."

"You already have one." Eli said coming up and pecking Lonni's lips.

"Well, I wouldn't just call you just some guy." She smiles brightly at him. I envy what they have so much. Eli is such a sweetheart. Lonni really lucked up and Eli too. Lonni is such an amazing girl. I'll have that one day and I can't wait.

"Hello, Eliott." I wave

"Now, you know I hate that." He grumbles. Referring to the use of his real name.

"Sorry Eli." I all but die of laughter.

Eliott Stone, who prefers to be called Eli, is my brother's bestfriend. He's been around since like 5th grade. They're practically inseparable. They kind of even look alike. Like Jax, Eli 6'2", well built and handsome. Eli's skin is slightly darker than my brother's. He has forest green eyes and washboard abs. He's a major catch, I used to have a crush on him when we were little until he started dating my bestfriend Lonni. Now, we are all constantly together he's literally like my brother. Now I find it very creepy that I ever thought of him that way in the first place. Gross.

*Bing* I get another text, 'Wanna talk on the phone before your flight?'

'Sure.' I reply with a smile. My phone start to ring "Uhh, I'll catch you guys on the plane. I'm gonna go grab something to eat." I say trying excuse myself.

"Tell Machai I say 'Hi'." Lonni teases

"Who's Machai?" My big brother asks as he and Annie approach hand in hand. Oh shit!

"Is that the name of the 'just some guy'?" Eli asks pulling Lonni onto his lap.

"Oh! Is that that Tinder boy you've been talking to?" Annie asks. "You got his number?"

"Yeah, he called me after class earlier." I couldn't help the smile that was playing on my lips.

"Who. Is. Machai?" He asks again with a slightly raised voice.

The call ended. Damnit. I'll have to call him back. "Machai is Baye's boyfriend." Lonni says in a singsong voice causing his head to snap in my direction.

" What!" Shouts a fuming Jaxon.

"Thanks a lot Lon." I mumble

"Sorry, I didn't know it was a secret." She shrugs. Suddenly, my phone starts to ring again. Machai.

"He's not my boyfriend, Jax." I try to reassure him.

"Then who the hell is he?" He asks stalking towards me.

"Well, guys," I start while taking small steps backwards "I'd love to stay and chat but you know. Gotta blast" I say before taking off away from my group of friends shouting my name. I pick up my phone,