5| Pillow Fights & Healed Hearts

I woke up to sound of my door opening and closing again but I was too tired to open my eyes. Whoever it was they had a key so I knew I wasn't in any imminent danger, I just assumed it was housekeeping. Until I heard, "Don't just stand there. Someone wake her up." It was a girls voice.

"I'm not doing it." This time a boy said.

"I'll do it." A different girl said. I heard footsteps coming towards me. By this time I could already tell it was Annie, Eli and Lonni. They still didn't seem to notice that I'm awake so why not have a little fun. I waited for Lonni to walk close enough to my bed before I jumped up and pulled her down in the bed with me. I heard screaming from behind me while Lonni struggled and let out muffled screams. I let her go and started laughing my head off. Soon everyone joined in.

"Well, someone's in a better mood." Lonni says sitting up

"And to think we came in here to cheer you up." Annie says taking a seat at the foot of my bed.

"Well, that explains why the girls are here." I turn my attention to the only male in the room. "Aren't you on the enemy's team?" I'm not mad at Eli. He's simply my brother's bestfriend so I was curious as to why he was in here and not with him.

"He is my bestfriend. True enough, but what he did was wrong. I can't support that. I thought you knew me better than that." Eli says with a hurt expression.

"Sorry, Eli." I say holding my arms out. He walks over and gives me a hug before sitting down on the bed.

"It's fine." He smiles. "I get it. But you're like my little sister. I don't like to see you hurt."

"Thanks Eli." I give him another hug. "And you guys too." I hug both of my bestfriends.

"Anytime." Annie says

"You'd do the same for us." Lonni smiles

"I'd do anything for you guys." I say

"Including give us a heart attack." Lonni says holding her hand over her heart

"Oh, my God!" I start laughing "You screamed so loud." I point to Annie.

"Wasn't me." She starts laughing. We all turn to look at a red-faced Eli.

"Eli!?" I started laughing harder

"In my defense I was caught off guard and I feared for my girlfriend's life." He huffed

"Yet you didn't help me. You stood there and screamed like a girl." Lonni laughed hitting him with a pillow. Annie and I decide to join it. There were feathers and covers and pillowcases flying everywhere. He scoops up Lonni in his arms and spins her in circles she wrapped her legs around his waist out of instinct. She giggled and shrieked. Annie and I sat with our backs against the headboard and watched them. Eli eventually stopped spinning and kissed her which Lonni deepened.

"Okay! Lovebirds, knock it off." I shout throwing a pillow at them.

"Yeah, okay. You didn't seem to anti love  when Machai was around." Lonni said as Eli set her on her feet again. Causing my jaw to fall into my lap. They laughed and threw the pillow back at me before sitting back on the bed. We all laid back in a comfortable silence and I couldn't help but to think of how blessed I am. I have amazing friends who I would go to the end of the world and back for without a doubt that they would do the same for me. It made me a little sad to think that the only blood family I have left can't stand the sight of me. But I gained two new sisters and a big brother. It's all so bittersweet. 

"He hates me." I say aloud. My face started to heat up as tears started to form. I know they know who I am talking about. "He's never going to talk to me again. I shouldn't have told him I hated him. I didn't mean it." I sob. Annie pulls me closer and wraps her arms around my neck as I sob into her hair.

"I don't hate you, Little B." I hear from behind me. My whole body stiffens. What the hell does everyone have a key to my room. My grip on Annie tightens. "Guys, could you give me a moment alone with my sister?" My brother asks

"You gonna be okay Baye?" Lonni asks. I nod my head not trusting my voice. I need to talk to him. I loosen my hold on Annie to let her get up. "Okay, we'll be right outside the door." I nod again a wait for everyone to leave.

I position myself on the bed so that my back is against the headboard, fold my leg like a pretzel and look down at my lap. "You don't have to stand. You can sit down if you want." I don't know what's going on. I've never been nervous it just isn't in my nature. I look up when I felt my bed dip as he sat down.

"I could never hate you LB." He pleads "Please don't ever think that. I'm sorry for what I said."

"I didn't mean it either. I'm sorry." I cry. He pulls me closer to him. I cry harder.

"I know it's okay. Don't worry about it." He whispers. It was quiet for a while after that. But I needed to get things off my chest.

"I'm sorry. For what happened to dad." He stiffens but quickly recovers.

He takes a few deep breathes. "It wasn't your fault it was an accident." He says. "But you really should learn to listen sometimes." He laughs and I knew we would be okay. It's just gonna take a lot of time and healing. But for now I have my big brother back on my side.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I laughed "But you could also ease back on the parental advisory."

"I can try. But boys are pigs and I know it. But if it'll make you happier I can make an effort." He rants.

"That's all I ask." I say snuggling closer to him.

"Hey. We were gonna go snorkeling wanna come?" He offers

"Nah." I decline. "I think I'm gonna sit this one out. It could just be a couples thing."

"Are you sure?"He asks standing up

"Yeah." I lay back down. "I'm tired honestly. Can I just meet up with you guys later maybe grab dinner together?" I ask

"Of course. You can pick the place."

"Okay, cool." I pull the cover over me again. "Have fun!"

"Thanks." He says before he leaves out. Maybe this vacation isn't gonna suck after all.