Chapter 1

So this is it. Death. Death has finally met me. I imagined death to be painful and slow. But its not painful or slow. I can't remember what day or what time it was. Maybe I am dying while I am asleep. I see a white light sparkling light before me. I feel the warmth of the light. I am going to heaven now. I feel like I am leaving my body behind. I am leaving my family and Isaac. I feel awful. But what choice do I have?

A hand emerges from the light. The hand has fair skin. It is a male's hand. Immediately I know who that hand belongs to. "Hazel Grace?" says a voice.

That voice has a warm tone to it. I know that voice. Finally after a long painful year of mourning and crying myself to sleep and writing notes in An Imperial Affliction. Writing letters to him. I knew that he would never read them but I felt him right next to me reading over my shoulder as I wrote. I finally get to see him.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Welcome to our infinity." As soon as the voice said that I knew it was my beloved dead boyfriend.

Augustus Waters.

I jump into the sparkly light hoping that he would catch me. And as soon as I jump into the light I see his face. I feel all the cold air flush out of me. And I am embraced in the warm air. His eyes sparkle before me. He still has the little twinkle in his eyes. He still wears the same crooked smile he had when he was with me. He catches me then we both examine each other. He looks the same as he did when we were in Amsterdam. We both pause for another moment staring into each others eyes. Then our lips lock together. His soft lips against mine. This feels so good kissing him again.

"You wouldn't believe how much I missed you." He says. I laugh. I haven't laughed in such a long time. It feels like I have forgotten that we are both dead. I have forgotten about my parents waking up to find me lying dead in my bed.

"I missed you too."I say trying not to cry. But I can't help myself. My eyes start to water. Augustus wipes the tears then strokes my cheek.

"Why are you crying?" he asks

"I don't know." I reply. "I just missed you." I feel myself start to cry even harder. I cry and cry. The salty tears drip down my face. I look up and I manage to see Augustus start to cry too.

"Now you have made me cry." He says between his sniffles.

He brings me into an embrace. He smells like roses on a nice summer day. We stand there for a long time. Without speaking to each other.