Chapter 6

(WARNING serious feels are in this chapter)

We slide down the cloud and head over to Isaac's house. We walk into his house. I don't feel comfortable walking in people's houses. But I will get use to it. We walk in Isaac's room. He is playing his special video games.

¨Isaac?¨ his mom asks.

¨Pause. Yeah?¨ he answers.

¨Mrs. Lancaster called.¨ she hesitated. ¨Hazel......is dead.¨ Even though Isaac has sunglasses so you can't see his eyes. You could feel that he had wide eyes. He was shocked. I could tell.

¨I don't believe you." he said sternly. ¨No!! She's not dead. Shes NOT!!!¨ he yelled.

¨I will leave you alone.¨ said his mom.

¨She can't be.¨ he said. ¨No.....¨ he said. He got down to the floor.

"No she isn't." he said. As he said that he started to sob. He pounded the floor with his fists.

"No!! No!!" he yelled into the carpet still sobbing. "My two best friends...gone. This is not real. This can't be happening." I hugged Augustus.

"What did we do?" I asked him. I look up at his face. I see tears streaming down his face. I feel so bad and guilty. I want to give Isaac a trophy so he can smash it to pieces and hug him and tell him everything will work out and be okay. But my arms are not moving neither are my legs. I sob into Augustus' chest. I hate crying but I couldn't help myself. I cried and cried and cried. For my parents and for Isaac.

"Not only do I not want to see the world I don't want to live." Isaac says.

"NO!!" yelled Augustus. "You have to live. You have to!!" yelled Augustus. He let go of me and ran to Isaac.

"LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!" Augustus screamed at Isaac. But of course Isaac couldn't hear him. Augustus leaned in and cried on Isaac's shoulder. I turned away still crying. I ran out of the house. I sit on the porch step crying.

Why did we have to die? Why did we have to leave them? I asked myself. Why?

Augustus walks out. Tears still streaming down his face.

"We should go." he says after a moment. I nod. I don't want to see Isaac so sad anymore.