Chapter 9

"You know what?" says Gus finally breaking the awkward silence between us. "Of we are about to get married we might as well just say our vows right now and bam be married." there is a hint of eagerness in his voice.

"But....but I haven't bought.....bought you a wedding ring yet. Cause we just got engaged......TODAY." I say stuttering. I don't know what to say. What excuses I have you may ask. None. I just......we have been engaged for 2 hours. And yes I do really really love him but.....I always picture myself walking down the aisle in a beautiful white wedding dress with lace around the collar and around the bottom. This was of course before I found out I had cancer.

"Its okay if you don't want to get married right away." Augustus says obviously noticing my facial expressions. "I.......I guess I....I just miss you so much and my life is really boring without you." he says. God.....I missed him too. I just didn't know how to say it.

**(flashback to after Hazel read the note from Augustus)**

I start tearing up. How can you say goodbye to someone that you love so much. How? I hug the note from Augustus. I hug the note as if I am hugging him myself. I wish that we didn't have cancer. I would rather die with Augustus then have to have endure a world without him. But he would want me to live my life as long as I can. So that's exactly what I am going to do. I wish I would have been there right by his deathbed to say goodbye to him. Thank him for giving us our little infinity. Even though I did at his pre-funeral. I just.........I just........I can't think strait anymore. I start crying my eyes out.

Goodbye Augustus. Thank you for out little infinity.

**(end of flashback)**