Chapter One - Meeting a New Hero

K.O. went down into the dim room, ready to face whoever was here. After his adventure with Colewort and Potato, who had both died along the way, he was finally here and ready for what was about to happen. He was ready for anything that was about to appear out of the darkness at any given moment.

"So, I see you made it?" The voice that spoke to him before he went inside asked. To his surprise, it was actually a pretty calming voice that spoke.

"Who are you?" K.O. asked the voice, avoiding the question he was just asked. "I'm not trusting you or answering your questions until I see you."

There was a small chuckle before a response. "Okay, okay, I'll come out of the darkness," it responded. "I shouldn't have tried the mysterious approach anyway."

Suddenly, a female figure stepped out of the darkness. Her hair was a dark blue color, and she was a tiny bit chubby with thick hips. She wore a blue tank top with a rigid bottom, which was also pretty torn up. Her grayish pants were torn down into shorts, with one side of them being slightly longer than the other.

She also wore boots the same color as her shirt, and bandages wrapped around her left leg and right hand. There was also a sort of strange, torn up, dark gray thing on her arm that started just above her elbow and ended just before it. K.O. really had no idea what it was, or how he could describe it to anybody.

"So, I don't think I properly introduced myself," the person said. "My name's Mutie, I'm 15 - 16 years old, I'm level four, and I was a former member of P.O.I.N.T Academy before all of this, er, crazy apocalyptic stuff went down.

K.O. was taken aback by all this sudden information, but he felt relieved that this was someone he could trust. "Uhh, my name's K.O. and uhh ---"

"Wait, K.O.?" Mutie asked, interrupting him. "You're K.O.?!"

"Umm, yeah," he responded, a bit confused. "Why does it matter?"

"Oh my stars!" Mutie responded, looking around in a bit of excitement. "This, this is amazing! It's incredible! I - I never expected to actually see you! Everyone else was positive you were dead! I ---"

"Wait, what do you mean by everyone else?" K.O. asked, confused. "Are there other heroes out there?"

"Yeah," Mutie responded. "I mean, there's only like ten to fifteen heroes out there in this area, but there's definitely a few. There's probably more out there in the world that we'll find as we go on."

"Wait, ten to fifteen??" K.O. shouted, obviously surprised. "Where? How? When?? Also what do you mean when you say 'we'?"

"Whoa, calm down there," she said, chuckling. "I'll explain everything that you want to know. But for now, just follow me."

K.O. let out a sigh. There were so many questions he had now, and he really wanted answers. He didn't know what exactly what Mutie was talking about, but he hoped he'd figure it out soon and not be as confused.

He just decided to do as Mutie said and follow her, nervous of what she'd do to him if he didn't listen. She walked him through a mini hallway area, which was lit up by a few broken and dim lamps that were lying in the middle of the floor.

"I've been staying in this small place for a small amount of time," Mutie said, grabbing K.O.'s attention. "It was while I was waiting for you and your friends to show up. I tried to make it look nice even though I wouldn't be here long at all."

K.O. looked over to the side when Mutie mentioned she was waiting for him and is friends, not wanting to be reminded of Colewort and Potato. He really didn't hope she'd ask about --

"Speaking of which, where are your friends at?" She asked, looking back at K.O., who looked extremely uncomfortable.

"They umm, they kind of ummm," K.O. really didn't want to say it, but to his luck he didn't have to. Mutie immediately understood what he was trying to say. She stopped walking and looked back at K.O., a regretful and anxious look on her face.

"Oh, sorry," she said, her voice getting quiet. "I'm really sorry about that."

"It's okay," K.O. responded, sighing once again. "Wait, why did you stop?" Mutie crouched down to K.O.'s height and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"This small area is where I've been staying," she said, pointing toward an area that was dimmer than the surrounding area. It had a torn up cat bed lying next to an old, worn-down sketchbook and a dull, small pencil.
"I know it's not the best, but I want you to go ahead and sit down in the bed while I explain some things to you."

K.O. looked up at her and nodded, doing what she told him to do. He was about to get some answers to some of the millions of questions he had, not counting the ones he had before he met Mutie.

And maybe a small bit of hope, too.

(A/N) Not the best way to start off a new book, but it's the best thing I could think of right now, haha. Anyway, here we go! The second book in my AU, Under the Ashes!

Haha, I have a lot of things planned for this one, and I cannot wait to get into writing those!! Seriously, you guys will love it! xP

Welp, that's really all I'm gonna say for his first (kinda crappy) chapter. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed (and are hyped!), and I'll see you in the next chapter! ^.^