Chapter Six - Leaving and Arriving

Mutie woke up just before the sun went down and rubbed her eyes. She looked down at K.O. and lightly shook his shoulder to wake him up. He carefully opened his eyes and looked up at Mutie. "It's time to go," she said softly, knowing not to speak too loud to someone when they just wake up.

K.O. yawned and got off Mutie's lap before walking over to get the hackpack. He placed it on his back and sighed. He found it funny how he was still carrying it around when there wasn't any reason to anymore. Maybe he hoped that if he kept it with him, somehow Dendy, Colewort, and Potato would all be alive and out there somewhere.

"You know, you can walk around the room a few times to wake yourself up," Mutie told him. "That always helps me when I just wake up."

K.O. looked up and Mutie and then looked around the room. "I guess I can try it," he said as he started walking around. Mutie watched him, smiling a small bit as she did. She knew nobody like K.O. deserved to suffer like this, he didn't deserve it.

She found it funny how when it comes to real people who are so innocent and pure - ignorant about the world and how harsh it can truly be - she will try her best to protect the person and make sure they never suffer. Though when it came to a fictional character who's innocent and pure, she'll make them suffer more than anything and enjoy every single moment of it.

While she was thinking about things, she suddenly remembered what Elodie had told her just a few hours ago before she fell asleep. Once K.O. was done walking, she decided to ask him about it while they were leaving the area.

Mutie got everything ready before they left, and she made sure she had gotten everything in the place that she brought. For a small while, Mutie had carried K.O. before she felt like they traveled enough to set him down and let him walk beside her.

"So," Mutie said not too long after K.O. started walking beside her. "What exactly did your friend Enid look like?"

"Well," K.O. said, thinking for a moment. "She had purple hair tied back into a ponytail, and she was level 3 and could shoot these fireballs from her feet."

Mutie nodded as K.O. spoke, pulling up the screen she spoke on last night. "Did she look like this?" Mutie asked, opening up the older image of Enid and showing it to K.O.

His eyes went wide and he quickly nodded. "Yes! That's her!" He declared, trying his best to keep walking as he was freaking out. "Oh my stars, is she alive? Did somebody find her?!"

"Short answer - yes," Mutie responded. "I'll give you the longer answer when we reach the base. It'll be better to talk to you about it there. Or maybe Enid herself can talk to you."

"Please," K.O. said. "I'd love to talk to her about it, I haven't seen her in a long time. She's my friend, I care about her and I've been worried about her for the longest time. Er, how much longer till we reach the base?"

"Not too much longer," Mutie responded. "About another twenty to thirty minutes, it's not going to be as bad as going up here to meet me."

K.O. just took a deep breath and nodded. He felt a small tingle of happiness grow inside of him knowing that Enid was found and is alive. He didn't pay attention to the feeling that something felt very off about the mention of Enid being alive and found.

The two continued walking until they eventually reached the base. "Stay out here for a moment," Mutie said as she lifted up a small area in the ground that was much like the entrance to the previous area he and Mutie had just left.

Mutie hopped down inside, keeping the entrance very slightly opened. "I'm back!" She shouted, grabbing everyone's attention. "I have the new hero sitting outside, but I wanted to say something before I bring him in."

It went quite so Mutie could speak, and she nodded in approval. "The new hero I have brought, believe it or not, is K.O.," she declared. There were gasps among the crowd, and even people mumbling to themselves. "Yes, he is alive, and he is okay. Please do not get near him when he comes in, we must give him space and let him settle in first."

Once everyone agreed, Mutie went outside to grab K.O. and carry him inside. Everyone watched her as she carried K.O. in her arms over to a small, open area. "I'm going to go talk to Foxtail and Elodie now, stay here, okay?"

K.O. nodded. "Okay," he said. Mutie smiled and walked away, leaving K.O. by himself. He was thinking to himself for a little while, when he heard a familiar voice call his name.

"K.O?" A voice asked from the distance, causing him to look up and gasp. There stood Enid, away from the small amount of heroes, looking at him.

K.O. looked at her in complete shock. Not because she was alive, but because of how different she looked. She was completely different than K.O. had expected.

And the first thing that he laid his eyes on, was a rusty, metal artificial limb, replacing her right leg.

(A/N) This chapter feels so rushed, I'm sorry. I just didn't start working on this until later and I rushed to get it done :/

Anyway, HOLY CRAP THERE'S ENID. And I'm not typing anymore here because I need to publish this already xD

Well, please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye! :>