Chapter Five - A Conversation

Mutie continued to hug K.O. until he eventually fell asleep in her arms. She just looked at him, tempted to place him back in the bed, but she just chuckled at him. She stood up and still held onto him, carrying him over her back. Then she sat down in the bed and crossed her legs, and placed him there, letting him sleep in her lap.

"He's such an adorable goof," she said to herself, chuckling a bit. "I feel a bit bad for finding him to be so adorable, I shouldn't be finding someone as young as him this cute, but I can't help that he's such an adorable bean."

She sighed and pulled out a small phone and pressed a button in the middle of the screen. Suddenly, a blue screen that resembled something like Dendy's screens appeared from a small hole in the phone. Mutie swiped down, releasing the screen from the phone.

She put her phone up and moved the screen toward her, pressing a few buttons. Suddenly a camera pulled up on the screen and Mutie angled it to take a photo of her and K.O.

Once it was taken, she sent it to Foxtail and Elodie, who both in a group chat with her. She added a caption that read "I don't want to wake him up, he's way too precious."

Both Elodie and Foxtail responded, agreeing with Mutie. She sighed and decided to type them another message to update them about what exactly was going on while she was here talking to them.

"I'll be there with K.O. when the sun goes down. Also the new way to find heroes is a no-go, besides, I'm convinced you guys just thought of that as a way to actually get the plot to get somewhere. Anything interesting happen while I was gone?" The first one to reply to her message was Elodie, and Mutie read it like she would any other message.

"Actually, something interesting did happen. You know my old friend, Enid? Well, while you were gone, I actually... Er... It's kind of a long story, I'll tell you about it when you get back."

Once Mutie read it, she immediately remembered K.O. mentioning Enid to her. She began to wonder if the Enid K.O. asked about was the same Enid that Elodie used to be friend with. She took a deep breath and went ahead and asked Elodie about it, hoping it wouldn't offend her.

"Hey, now that I think about it, K.O. asked me about someone named Enid. Would that happen to be the same Enid that you used to be friends with?"