Chapter 9: Dead girlfriend

We now finally knew her name. "Ashley Harper..." Stiles whispered with a grin. "You like her don't you Stiles?" He turned to face me and laughed, "you think I like a girl with low fashion sense?" he replied. "uh guys..." Alec said. "not now Alec" I replied. "Scott this is actually important." he uttered. "What?" we both shouted. When we turned around he was pointing to Ashley's hand...

There was some sort of slimy substance dripping down to the floor. Her hand was something I've seen many a times with Jackson. It was lizard like, with dark green and black scales on the back of her hand. Venom was dripping slowly off her claws. This was not good. "looks like we found our Kanima," Stiles whispered roughly. We had to do something and fast, I got up and headed inside the classroom. "Scott what are you doing?" Alec asked. "I'm distracting!" I replied, I quickly ran in and grabbed Ashley's hand. She turned and gasped, "hey its okay," I tried calming her down. I turned to the teacher." Umm sir... she has an appointment and she is going to be late so if you don't mind," I explained hinting at the door. He let us go... this time. I looked at Ashley. "Okay listen we can help you, if you let us." She looked at me before replying  "you don't even know what I am, and anyway why should I trust you?" I turned to Stiles for help, "what? she has a good point" he said, I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. "your not helping you know," I sighed knowing Stiles didn't have anything planned. "Ashley, your going to have to trust me," I put my hand out to hold hers. As soon as I made contact with her hand I saw black veins appear on the palm of mine. "Your in pain, why are you in pain?" I turned to Stiles and Alec "why is she in pain" I turned back around and just like that she was gone. "I didn't see where she went I swear to god!" Alec shouted. Getting a Kanima to trust me was harder than I had imagined. 

Anyway I had other issues to deal with like explaining to Ryder what had happened to Stiles as I had a class with him now. Alec said that he felt tired so he went back into the jeep walking as if his leg was iron. I took a glance at him and shook my head. We both reluctantly made our way to class, with Ryder. The room wasn't hard to find especially as the door was painted bright yellow. As usual the tall bony teacher was standing at the front waiting for everyone to be seated. The look on his face gave me shivers. He told us to get back into our groups to start on the project which was on, the world war II. We both got up and headed towards Ryder's direction. I sighed and sat next to him. "so..." he said, I already knew what he was going to say. "I know last time we met was a little weird so lets start over," we talked and got to know each other better.

We actually got along pretty well until we started talking about Manroe. "I didn't know you guys knew my sister, I mean I'm proud of what she does," he explained. He smiled and showed off his pearly whites. " umm yea she is a big inspiration," stiles said clearing his throat. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows, I was impressed. I mean he was getting better at controlling his anger, "you know, she talked about a werewolf pack, or monsters as I like to call them their alpha was called Scott..." My face went pale as if all my blood had rushed out of my face. "wow I didn't know there was an alpha with the name I have" I tried to laugh it off. "Ryder, can I ask you something if you don't mind?" Stiles asked. Ryder looked at him with a friendly look, "course, what is it?" Stiles took a deep breath and said " why do you hate werewolves, I mean is it personal or do you just go along with what your sister thinks?" he thought for a moment then replied slowly. "I hate them because one of them took something I cherished, actually it was about a week ago..." he explained, " Me and my girlfriend were out walking near the woods and something came and attacked us, I didn't see what it was clearly but I knew it was what my sister talked about, they took her from me right in front of my face and I just stood there helpless... the next day I went back looking for her but instead I found her dead," he looked like he was going to burst out crying, but he held it in. "I'm so sorry, for your loss," I said. Ryder got up and headed out of class wiping a tear off his cheek. 

I turned to Stiles, his eyes were open wide and so was his mouth. "Stiles what happened? It looks like you've seen a ghost," I asked. He looked at me "I might see one... of his girlfriend, because I think I killed her," he said it slowly and took breaks from each word " I... killed...his...girlfriend," the last word seemed like he mumbled it his head still facing Ryder's seat. I scratched the top of my head. "what if my dad finds out, what if Ryder finds out, what if-"
"Stiles, no one will find out I'll make sure of it..."