Chapter 14: A Police Case

I turned around to see Kira. "What are you doing here?" I asked. She death glared me ignoring my question, and walked to Stiles. Stiles was growling, scratching the floor. Kira didn't care, she put her hand to his neck and pushed him to the wall. She then showed her orange fox eyes, Stiles stopped. He wasn't scratching the floor nor was he growling. Both my eyes opened wider and wider with surprise, my jaw dropped to the sight of what just happened. Stiles breathed heavily as he was still in pain. His eyes squinting because of the agony. Kira, however, turned without making eye contact to anyone in the room and walked out. As soon as she left I ran over to Stiles "Okay what the hell was that!" I screamed, Stiles shrugged, "I don't know, but that was pretty damn weird because I felt electricity go through me when she pushed me to the wall," how did Kira know we needed help, she wasn't anywhere near the school building. We talked about what happened throughout the whole day.

As soon as we left the building we headed to my house to see Kira and possibly ask her about the bizzar event that took place in school. I pushed open the door to find her sitting on the sofa in the corner of the lounge looking out the window. "Kira, what was that at school? How did you know what was happening there?" She turned around sharply, she was smiling. "I've changed... I just thought it would be time for him to change too" she pointed to Stiles. He looked at his hands, black veins appeared on them, they started at his forearms and ended at his fingertips . I was in shock. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I shouted. "They don't call me the trickster spirit for nothing,"

I couldn't move, my body was shaking with anger. Kira then out of nowhere collapsed, as she woke up she shook her head and looked up. "What happened?" she asked, I stared at her with even more anger as it uncontrollably built inside of me. I made my hands into tight fists to stop myself from exploding after finally speaking, "look for yourself," I moved out of the way to reveal Stiles on the floor rolling around in pain. His hands were shaking uncontrollably as the black veins now appeared on his neck. "KIRA WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME?!!!" Kira now was on her knees, "I did that? I don't know how to do that, I swear." she was saying almost to the point where she burst out crying. I tried calming my voice down. Just as I heard a scream in the distance, my instant reaction was to look out the window in the direction in which the scream came from. Me and Kira looked at each other before running out the house. "HEY! WHAT ABOUT ME!!!" Stiles shouted. He tried to find his balance whilst still holding out his shaking hands out in front of him, it didn't go too well as he then fell face flat on to the wooden floorboard. He let out a groan of both annoyance and pain.

Not knowing Stiles was still on the ground, Kira and I sprinted towards the faint sound of screaming, the sounds of sirens getting closer from the distance. Me and Kira looked at each other confused, sheriff stepped out of his car and ran towards a woman laying with her hands covering her face, her hands were blood covered and full with dirt, she looked familiar but I couldn't put a finger on who it would be.

As she removed her hands from her face I stepped back in shock, "Scott are you alright? Do you know who she is?" Kira asked sounding concerned. It was Ashley, the kanima we found out about the other day. I ran over to her with Kira following me. "Ashley, are you okay? What happened?" The sheriff pushed me aside and said "I think I'll ask the questions at the station," he picked Ashley up and took her to the police car where she sat quietly with her hands trembling with fear.
Within a split second after they left I jumped onto my motorbike "Kira, hop on and hold tight," I told her. She hopped on before asking a few questions, "who is she? And how do you know her?"
"It's a long story but I'll shorten it basically she's a kanima-"
"Another one?!"
"Yea and we met at school where I tried to help her but she didn't want me to," I said in one breath. The whole ride to the station wasn't long. Seeing Kira like this... she's hot, as we turned a corner her grip on my waist seemed tighter, I could feel her warm breath on the back of my neck, "I've missed you Kira," I whispered.
"I missed you too Scott," Kira muttered before resting her head on my shoulder and hugging me tight. Moments later the police station was in sight. I slowed down in front of the Sheriff's station next to a police car. We both jumped off and peeked in through the gap between the blinds, we saw Ashley and the sheriff talking. I leaned in closer to hear the conversation clearer.
"Ashley could you tell me what happened?" I heard the sheriff say
"I don't know.. I just went for a walk and then everything blacked out, the next thing I know I was on the ground with blood on my hands.." Ashley replied.. I could tell by her heart rate that she was lying.
I came to the front door of the station and knocked. As I was expecting, the Sheriff came out and asked why I was here, that's when I told him everything. Everything from the scratch marks Stiles and Alec had, to us knowing that she was a kanima. Now that he had a better idea of the situation, the sheriff went inside and talked to her. I helped by convincing Ashley that we could help her control her shifts. "Trust me, I've dealt with a kanima before Ashley, he was just like you,"
"...okay I trust you, but who do you think is controlling me, because I have no idea who I hurt and I'm hoping whoever they are that they're not dead," she replied with concern, that didn't seem to be a lie. I closed my eyes and thought about who the heartless soul could be who controlled Ashley...