yours to decide

Chapter 5: Yours to Decide

My breathing stops.

"What?"

Horatio looked me with a gaze that made my skin crawled and the room suddenly felt colder than before.

"We met at the car accident four years ago."

"You must remember the car accident, after all you lost your-"

I didn't give Horatio a chance to finish what he was saying. "Yes, yes, I know what I lost during that accident. I don't need another painful flash back."

Horatio nodded understandingly, "I'm sorry that I'm causing you to remember back those painful memories. But I want to let you know it was me who gave you back your life."

I looked at him, didn't know how to respond to what Horatio just said. Giving me back my life?

When I didn't say anything, Horatio continued.

"I was passing by that part of the town when I saw a red jeep losing control and crashing into a blue Mercedes from another side which, you would've known is the car you and your parents are in."

Horatio continued, "There wasn't anybody around the street at that time and I was the only one there. I checked the driver in the red jeep, hoping to be able to save him but he was already gone. Then, I went to your car. I didn't know a child was in there until I checked on the young couple. Your parents weren't breathing anymore when I checked on them."

I couldn't help it, tears was already at the corner of my eyes at edge of falling. I quickly swap the tears off using the back of my hand hoping that none of the vampires saw that. But obviously all of them had seen it.

"But you were still breathing so weakly. I wanted to walk away but I could not just leave you like that, you were so small and young. So I did what my instincts told me to. I gave you my blood." Horatio smiled slightly when I frowned hearing that I've actually drank blood, especially from a vampire. "Our blood has fast curing abilities, and you survived because of it."

I laughed. I couldn't help it, I just laugh.

All of them eyed me as if I've gone nuts, which I probably will.

"You've got to be kidding. You're no god, you're just a vampire!" I continue laughing and Horatio sighed.

"It is hard to believe but it is true. You drank from me and you survived. But the price is your life. That is why I own you, because I gave you a life and you have to return my favor by obeying to me. Your life is now mine to decide, Adele."

I laughed nervously, "Are you saying that now I'm yours to decide? Is this some kind of joke? If this is a joke, it isn't very funny."

I looked at him and my stomach clenched in fear. From the look Horatio and his sons are giving, they are definitely not joking.

"I don't believe you...you have no prove for this..."

"How do you explain yourself surviving from that accident when both of your parents didn't?"

"Maybe I'm just lucky! There's no way you could have done that or anything for me to survive from that-that-" I couldn't bring myself to say the word 'accident'. I lost both of my parents that day and the memory of them was just too painful to remember...

"Face it, Adele," Horatio was standing up now, "It was me who saved your life."

I shook my head. "No, it is not."

"Yes, it is. And now your life is mine to decide."

"No!" I shook my head, covering my ears but still able to hear Horatio's voice echoing in my head, "NO!"

But right in my gut I know Horatio was right no matter how much I try to deny it.

I am no longer free.

Yikes! I know, it's so short but forgive me! Will update the next chapter soon so keep the reviews going!