darkness

I apologize for such a late update. And I totally understand if you want to push me off a cliff. So read ahead first, before doing so. Also know that all your reviews and those fabulous ideas are greatly appreciated!

Chapter 11: Darkness

I don't know what is scaring the devil out of me by just looking at Julian. He is not the Julian I had known a few hours ago; this Julian looks like he is changing into something more horrifying, something I already knew.

A werewolf.

Then someone pressed a fast forward button.

A moment ago Christopher was still holding Julian at his neck and the next moment, Julian was no longer there. A big hairy black wolf standing on its hind legs with tattered jeans and no shirt on, had replaced him.

But that didn't stop right there when Julian changed.

Before my mind can fully register what was going on, I was thrown back. I cussed, Maxine must have been the one who thrown me behind. I tried to sit up, checking my body to see if there are any injuries that would reveal blood. You wouldn't want to be bleeding all over when there is a bunch of vampires nearby. Luckily there were no serious injuries.

The vampires had gone crazed, apparently.

Each of them no longer had their usual dazzling blue eyes; they had fury red ones instead with their fangs fully elongated. Each of them crouched in a fighting stance and circling Julian, hissing at him each time Julian snarled back. Julian in his 6'5 werewolf form didn't like to be outnumbered this way, growled at them.

Even though the black werewolf Julian looks intimidating and is taller than any of the seven vampires here, he could still lose. And my heart dropped to my stomach.

I have to do something.

"You stay where you are now, little princess. I don't think we would want you dead now, do we?" Dominic hissed at me even though I haven't even moved an inch. Dominic wasn't even looking at me when he said that. I shivered, forgetting that he can read minds.

Christopher, the oldest brother and apparently the one with most control over his vampiric side, never moving his eyes away from Julian looked at me from the corner of his eyes. "Dominic," Dominic instantly lifted his eyes away from Julian to Christopher; his eyes still a fury red.

I think their eyes go red when they're angry. Hmm, guess I will try not to make any of them angry then.

"You will bring Adele back now, understand?"

I didn't like Christopher's tone one bit; it was cold and it was commanding. Dominic was smart enough not to disobey his older brother's command and without any argument took a step back from the circle, which was later quickly blocked by Maxine so Julian the big bad wolf could not pass. Julian snarled but they ignored him, continuing their circling on Julian as if he was their prey.

Julian looked very much like a prey right now with six red eyed vampires circling him, ready to pounce any moment.

Dominic was beside me now, pulling me up and I didn't argue with him when he held me too tight. I was too focused on Julian and what was going to happen to him. Julian kept glaring and growling at Dominic when Dominic never releases his grip on me.

But I did argue when Dominic starts to pulled me towards the mansion.

"Wait, what is going to happen to him?" I struggled against Dominic's grasp on my wrist but it didn't stop Dominic much from pulling me closer towards the trees and away from the waterfall.

Dominic turned and hissed in my face, "Shit, Adele! Stop asking questions and let's go!" We were already stomping through the trees but I wasn't going to give up so easily until I get me some answers.

"No! Let go of me! What is happening to Julian? What are you guys going to do to him? Don't hurt him, please!"

I was practically screaming and I could hear Julian's inhuman howl over Dominic's annoyed shouts. "Hurt him? It's not us that he'll hurt, it's you damn it! Shit, are you a total nincompoop?"

I was totally annoyed at him especially when he called me something he thought I don't understand. Of course I know what nincompoop means, I am not a total idiot! I screamed in my head and I know he heard it clearly when he winced. And let go of me, you stupid vampire!

And I did something he didn't thought I'd do; I kicked him down there where it hurts most, and I kicked hard.

I was right about kicking him at his 'weakness point'; vampire or not, he is still a guy. As soon as the kick was received, Dominic cussed in pain and toppled over; releasing me unconsciously and I ran towards the waterfall.

Towards Julian.

I didn't care about the angry shouts I was receiving from Dominic, I didn't care about anything else as I continue to run towards the opening, hoping I wasn't too late to stop them.

I was never a good runner and I was already panting when I finally run into the opening. I stopped for breath and looked at the howling and hissing.

Julian was fighting the twins off of his back.

It wasn't a pretty sight at all; clothes were torn everywhere and there are also little droplets of dark black liquid which I guess would be blood around the fighting area. The vampires are aiming after the werewolf's neck and vice versa. I was a little frozen on the spot at the sight of Julian in his wolf form, pulling off Adrian from his back and throwing him towards a tree which broke under his weight.

Edwin hissed at Julian when his older twin was thrown off and aimed to bite Julian in the neck. Julian howled painfully as Edwin's fingers dug into his body exposing blood. The blood flowed like a stream down Julian's chest and down its hind legs. The other vampires looked at the blood with hunger in their eyes.

I cussed; Julian is losing too much blood.

The vampires finally realized I was there the whole time and Maxine was the first to make the move. He gave me a sick crooked smile, revealing his fangs before sprinting at me. The wolf turned at me when I gave out a surprised gasp and its emerald green eyes widen with a mix of horror and anger.

Everything went into a mass of blur.

Dominic had run out from the woods and he was screaming something at Maxine but I couldn't remember what; I was too busy looking at Maxine who seems to be pouncing on me in a slow motion. Dominic wasn't the only vampire that was shouting at Maxine, the others were too; I just couldn't make out what they were saying. I can only continue staring into the fury red eyes of a vampire and his deathly looking fangs.

I didn't even make a run for it, how silly of me. My feet won't move even though my mind was screaming for me to run. I just continue to stare on until at the corner of my eyes I saw Julian, no longer in his wolf form running towards me, his arms stretched out wide at me. Maxine seemed to notice Julian and an evil smile spread across his handsome face.

Then my mind snapped, Julian was no longer in his wolf form and he could die if he runs to me like that with Maxine on the kill.

Julian is going to die!

Finally my body could move and I acted on my instincts.

Instead of jumping into Julian's out stretched arm, I jumped in front of him.

Then I felt something pierced into my body.

I heard screams; painful loud screams and I wondered who was screaming.

Oh, silly me, it was me! Then I laughed awkwardly, my voice came up in weird gurgling sounds. I couldn't see who was holding me; but whoever was holding me hold me a little too tight but I was too lazy to argue.

I could hear mass shoutings but I was too lazy to bother about them; I was so tired, so tired...and slowly I saw nothing else but darkness...

Hohoho...another cliffy! Reviews, reviews, keep them coming! If you have any ideas don't hesitate to tell! Tell me which guy character you prefer too! The vampires or the werewolf?