8 lives

Chapter 12: Eight Lives

I heard screams; painful loud screams and I wondered who was screaming.

Oh, silly me, it was me! Then I laughed awkwardly, my voice came up in weird gurgling sounds. I couldn't see who was holding me; but whoever was holding me hold me a little too tight but I was too lazy to argue.

I could hear mass shouting's but I was too lazy to bother about them; I was so tired, so tired...and slowly I saw nothing else but darkness...

It was cold, freezing cold to the point where my fingers could drop off.

Weird, where am I?

I could feel the hard rough ground beneath me, it is wet.

Why am I lying on a wet street?

Wait, street? How did I get here?

I sat up quickly and looked around. I shivered as a cold breeze swept through me. I am sitting in the middle of a street, a street I do not recognize.

The buildings looked old fashioned, like the ones we see in the movies. The street was dimly lit and no one was about. It was so quiet that if someone were to drop a pin I would definitely still be able to hear it from a mile away.

Something in me tells me that this street is not as quiet as it seems.

Something is roaming out there, something dark and dangerous.

That's when I heard loud cheery laughter's and my curiosity got the better of me. I pushed myself up and walked towards the laughing crowd, their voices eerily familiar.

Then I saw them.

Laughing happily, teasing around, they looked like the perfect happy family free of problems.

The Donahue brothers.

Except that there was a girl with them.

She was breathtakingly beautiful even for a mere human. How do I know they're humans? Their sun-kissed skin shows it all. She had long bleach blond hair that rolls down in curls to her waist and like the entire Donahue family trait; she had the same amazing warm blue eyes.

Then it hit me.

Ashlie.

None of them seemed to notice me as they passed by laughing happily at a joke Maxine said. All of them looked different from the ones I have met. Happiness was practically radiating off of them. Even that sarcastic sadistic mean nasty everybody-hating goth-emo Dominic looked happy and was enjoying being the youngest brother receiving the most attention from Ashlie.

Even though they are not vampires they stood out pretty well in their human form; the Donahue brothers still looked hot. But the one that stood out most was Ashlie. She has this way of making you unable to remove your eyes once you laid your eyes on her.

I made a conclusion that I must be somewhere back in the nineties and how I got here? I have not the slightest idea. But I decided it's best if I just follow them. So I did.

In the mean time listening into their conversation.

"I am glad you agreed to come with us for dinner rather than spending time with our old man, little Ashlie." Human Maxine said as he gave his sister a warm smile.

"Oh, don't be harsh on him, brother. He is just protective of us now that mother is no longer here." Ashlie said; her voice surprising musical. She looked no older than seventeen.

I didn't listen on as they talked about some other things. So they had lost their mom at young age too. But how did they turn into vampires in the first place?

My question, however, was quickly answered.

Suddenly Dominic stopped walking and stared straight at me.

My body tensed, can he see me?

No, wait. He can't possibly see me. He is looking down the alley I'm standing at. I turned slightly but saw nothing.

"What is it, little brother?" Ashlie stopped and asked when she noticed Dominic stopped walking with them. The rest had stopped with Ashlie to look at their little brother.

Dominic pointed down the dark alley. "Someone's there."

Ashlie tensed up, her face clouded with worry. "Maybe we should go now, Christopher." The older brother like he always is nodded, "Come on now, brothers. Let's go." The other brothers quietly nodded but Dominic continued to stare down the alley behind me. Ashlie pulled at her brother, "Come, Dominic. Let us leave for home."

"Home? That sounded like a friendly place to be."

I turned abruptly to the voice but saw nothing down the alley. Apparently I am not the only one that heard it. The rest of the Donahue siblings heard it too. Now they looked panicked.

"Let's go, hurry." Ashlie urged her brothers and they all agreed to leave but something stopped them at their tracks. I walked ahead to see what stopped them and my blood froze.

There in the middle of the street in front of them stood a very beautiful woman with the palest skin and impossibly dark eyes. Her long black hair falls in curls below her shoulder and she smiled a dazzling smile at us. Well, the Donahue's to be exact.

The Donahue siblings seemed more relieved when they saw the stranger was a woman, thinking it's safer. But my instinct told me otherwise.

"Oh, it's just a woman." I heard Adrian whispered to his younger twin brother, Edwin who smirked. "A very beautiful one too."

I rolled my eyes, the twins never changed at all.

"Evening, ma'am. It is not safe outside here alone; do you need us to accompany you home?" Maxine the womanizer smiled charmingly at the woman but the woman gave a low chuckle.

"What a charming man we have here, do we not? Now, now, it's not safe for you little kids to be out here in a group." The woman smiled darkly to reveal her little fangs and the Donahue's immediately took a step back. "You may never know when you'll meet a hungry vampire."

I screamed for them to run but it was all too late. They can not hear me anyways.

A female vampire alone, what harm can she do?

Oh, she can tear their throat and sink her pretty pearly whites into their yummy looking necks.

And she did.

Right in front of me, that beautiful vampire attacked Christopher first by reaping his throat open. Next was Maxine and later Victor and Sebastian, each of them who tried to protect Ashlie. Even Dominic, the youngest sibling who tried to protect his older sister from the wraith of a blood-crazed corpse, had his neck brutally tore out and his blood splattered all over the walls. Last was Ashlie and the vampire was not gentle with her either.

Standing there and screaming my head off, I witness the scene where a female vampire single-handedly murder eight of the Donahue siblings.

Just in one night.

Just in one minute.

Eight lives gone.

How was it? Review and tell! If you have any questions, don't hesistate to ask and I'll reply. Got ideas? Share it!