meeting the family

Chapter 4: Meeting the Family

It's like the shows you see in the televisions with the host asking the last question and if the player answers wrongly, all the money won will be lost. One wrong word and all the rewards are flushed down the toilet.

But right now, one wrong word and my blood will be flushed down their thirsty throat.

I wanted to cry so badly because: first, this stupid bloody vampire Edwin's grip on both of my arms are so tight it's going to leave a big ugly purplish bruise and second, my life is going to end!

That is if I made the wrong choice.

But because of my big ego, I wouldn't allow my tears to even come out. Edwin looked down at me when I stopped struggling and frowned, "What? You give up now?"

"You asked me to give it up so hell yeah; I'm giving up and please do the same of shutting yourself up!" I snapped at him and Edwin's grip on me tightens. Maxine laughed, amused and the other brothers silently watched on, but I know well enough that they are interested in what words would come out of my poisonous little mouth next.

"Watch your manners, you little..." Edwin didn't get a chance to finish what he was about to say because Horatio cut him off.

"Release her, Edwin. You will not run now will you, Adele?" Horatio's voice was intimidating and honestly I was scared. But no way am I going to let these people see that.

"I don't think I will be able to go anywhere with him holding me like this." I glared at Horatio and Edwin released me, obviously not happy about not being able to rub my face on the carpet floor. I rubbed my bruised arm and smirked at Edwin who later bares his fangs at me.

"Do you want to sit or do you prefer standing?" Horatio, now that his eyes were not red anymore, looked so much nicer than before.

I looked around. There weren't many choices for me to choose from. Either I sit next to the emo vampire guy who seems to be able to read my thoughts or I squeeze in between Maxine and another vampire. So I think I will take my chances with standing.

I folded my arms across my chest and Horatio understand that I prefer standing so he continued, "As you wish so." Took his seat behind the claw leg oak table and looked at me, his eyes intense.

"You must be wondering what we might be," Horatio spoke in his deep intimidating voice. I rolled my eyes, like I haven't figured it out myself! Horatio pretend not to notice me, "We're vampires."

I looked at him with my eyebrows rasied, only to notice that they were actually waiting for me to put on some reactions.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Well, what did you expect me to say? Wow, that's awesome! Why don't you bite me too?"

Some of the guy's names I still haven't known laughed. "She's awfully cute, isn't she? Too bad she doesn't seem to like black." Maxine was pointing out to the way I dressed; a white jeans jacket over a simple white sleeveless top and a knee-length vanilla yellow jeans. Too bad I hate skirts.

I throw him a disapproving look, "What's wrong with liking white?" And yeah, I just so happens to like white and everything bright.

"I just can't stand white," Maxine smile his fangy grin. I smiled half-heartily at him, getting used to their fangs, "Too bad, too sad then." Amusement flashed across Maxine's eyes and he looked away.

"So, what was it about me being owned by you?" I turned to Horatio, "And I don't remember you introducing me to any of your sons, yet." "Yes, you're right. Where are my manners?" Horatio gave me his charming smile and I can't help but shiver at the thought wondering if he was just pretending to be nice, "Forgive me for forgetting to introduce my sons."