Chapter 22: The Return

Midnight has come and everyone in jail is sound asleep except for the jail guards and Andro. Ersha is already sleeping on the floor laid with a mat. Jail guards were very meager in terms of provisions to prisoners. They want everyone in the cell to really suffer particularly to the ones who are rebellious to the government.

Andro stood up and moved around the cell. After a while, he heard someone coming so he lied down immediately beside Ersha and acted asleep. The footsteps were getting nearer and slower and suddenly, something is tossed on him where it hit his stomach.

Andro still played asleep but tried to half open his eyes to see who did it. The person walked immediately towards the opposite room which is the interrogation corner and he's bringing something. After a while, the door opened again and he went out. The jail guard who is inside the room is then telling the individual to bring a better midnight snack next time. The man replied, okey sir, I'll tell them and looked again towards our cell.

After the man moved away, Andro turned his back and looked at the object thrown at him and it is a crumpled piece of paper. He opened it to find out what's inside and as it unfolds, a written message is seen.

"Bomb. Be ready." The group.

Just when Andro finished reading, 30 seconds after, something exploded on the main entrance of the prison. Everyone was awakened and startled for what happened. The front side of the building is in flames and all the prisoners were shouting for help. Another bomb exploded beside the interrogation room and 3 jail guards came out running without minding the situation of the detainees who were crying for release. The jail is already filled with smoke so Andro hold on to Ersha tight and is ready to carry her on his arms and escape. Ersha, on the other hand, is very much frightened on the explosion and can't get to talk. She just remained on her spot motionless. The place is entirely filled with smoke and visibility is very poor. Then someone unlocked their cell and grabbed Andro's arm forcefully leaving Ersha behind him. He tried to fight but more hands took a grip on him.

Ersha was in great fear for being left behind, she screamed up to her lungs calling for Andro's name. "Andro, Andro, where are you? Don't leave me here."

Then, someone called on Ersha's name. "Ersha, Ersha, are you there? Is that you?" the person is approaching slowly towards her as if fearing her.

The noises Ersha heard a while ago turned into complete silence but the smoke is still thick so she tries to move and finds something to hold for defense. Slowly, the smoke begins to subside and in front of her are Marsha and Jane who are looking at her surprised, confused and happy. Then the two ladies run towards Ersha and hugged her tight. "You're back and safe now, it's alright", said Marsha.